AHC Chris Jans: In the running for New Mexico St Head Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
    Wow am I wrong here. I thought if you had friends that friends don't let friends make mistakes. Hell next time a friend is too drunk to drive make sure you help him to his car, pat him on the ass and wish him well. I guess we will see how many of the BG assistants get hired at NMSU.
    I think the thing here is to let it go. It's ancient history. The incident doesn't reflect poorly on you or Wichita State University. It was just a bad night for him. Gregg Marshall gave him his one and only Mia Culpa, and he has made the most of it.

Regarding friends having your back, you are right, but I think he was at the bar alone, so his assistants weren't there to provide assistance.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
      I think the thing here is to let it go. It's ancient history. The incident doesn't reflect poorly on you or Wichita State University. It was just a bad night for him. Gregg Marshall gave him his one and only Mia Culpa, and he has made the most of it.

Regarding friends having your back, you are right, but I think he was at the bar alone, so his assistants weren't there to provide assistance.
      I agree it is ancient history, but he was not at the bar alone. His assistants were there and sitting at a table very near the people filming the incident. Supposedly they were big BG fans. The whole thing was kinda fishy. Jans was out of line, but shame on his assistants for sitting and doing nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by swiltar71 View Post
        I agree it is ancient history, but he was not at the bar alone. His assistants were there and sitting at a table very near the people filming the incident. Supposedly they were big BG fans. The whole thing was kinda fishy. Jans was out of line, but shame on his assistants for sitting and doing nothing.
        If they were there, then Pogo is right, Jans needs better wingmen.
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• A good wingman will never let you go home with a fatty, and never let you get yourself in an embarrassing situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
            I think I would find someone to put on staff that didn't let me do stupid things if I have had too much to drink. The staff at BG failed him there.
            His wife moving to Las Cruces will probably help

Comment

How would the assistants sitting at a table "nearby" KNOW that CJ was going to pat someone on the butt? Surely CJ didn't say, I'm gong to touch this woman, do you think I should? If the assistants saw it occur, then they should say something, but the video would already have been made. At what point do you think the assistants should have intervened, the first drink, the second drink, the nth drink, when CJ raised his hand to a position to touch the butt? Was there time to intervene?

Have you ever let a friend get inebriated and/or do something stupid? I bet you have. Immediately after they did whatever stupid thing they did, did you say anything to them?

I'm not condoning CJ's action, but really, what could anybody, other than CJ himself, done in this instance?
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• CJ is at fault. CJ was about to make an ass out of himself for a couple of minutes...long enough for someone to pull a phone out and roll a minute of film before he actually did something stupid. The "fans" and assistants sat idle KU by while Chris slowly put himself into a situation that went too far. Shame on all of them, but Chris is solely responsible.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                  How would the assistants sitting at a table "nearby" KNOW that CJ was going to pat someone on the butt? Surely CJ didn't say, I'm gong to touch this woman, do you think I should? If the assistants saw it occur, then they should say something, but the video would already have been made. At what point do you think the assistants should have intervened, the first drink, the second drink, the nth drink, when CJ raised his hand to a position to touch the butt? Was there time to intervene?

Have you ever let a friend get inebriated and/or do something stupid? I bet you have. Immediately after they did whatever stupid thing they did, did you say anything to them?

I'm not condoning CJ's action, but really, what could anybody, other than CJ himself, done in this instance?
                  When your married friend is drunk and starting to approach women at a bar it's time to grab him and get him home to sleep it off.
                  You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

If you're at a bar with your boss, are you going to tell him he's getting out of line? It don't usually work that way.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                      If you're at a bar with your boss, are you going to tell him he's getting out of line? It don't usually work that way.
                      I certainly would.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• This thread is going nowhere.

That said, I'm currently at Costco. Some jerk stocked the whole beer cave with vegetables!

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                          This thread is going nowhere.

That said, I'm currently at Costco. Some jerk stocked the whole beer cave with vegetables!
                          Probably your wingman.

Comment

• Chris Jans is the new head coach at New Mexico State University. I wish him well and opportunities in the future.
                            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Working...
                            X