Recruiting (MVC vs AAC) - where WSU Stands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruiting (MVC vs AAC) - where WSU Stands

I did a quick comparison of the talent (on-paper) based on their recruits level between the MVC and AAC. The charts represent the average *-rating for each roster.

The myth that the MVC is getting better I think can be put to rest when you look at these numbers. Loyola looks to be the next flag ship of the MVC. Overall, there does not look to be much positive going for the MVC (which I'm sure is "no duh"). Had WSU stayed in the MVC, then it wasn't going to be pretty next year.

Now looking at the AAC....a very different outlook. WSU is well situated in the upper-third but the 2019 recruiting class is going to be important. Of course we know that HCGM gets more from his team than their raw recruiting numbers would say, but still WSU will need to recruit at little higher level (~+15%) to be at or on top of the league (on paper) for raw talent.

It does looks like UCONN and Temple will rebounding if their coaches can actually get their full potential from their recruits. Memphis just with the defections are in a free-fall

Attached Files

I'm very surprised to see USF & Tulane ahead of Memphis. I also thought Houston would be recruiting at a higher level than they have been.
    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

At Winthrop, HCGM recruited at a level above the Big South. At WSU, HCGM recruited at a level above the MVC. Given a year or two, I think he will do the same in the AAC.

Let that sink in.
      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
        At Winthrop, HCGM recruited at a level above the Big South. At WSU, HCGM recruited at a level above the MVC. Given a year or two, I think he will do the same in the AAC.

Let that sink in.
        The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
          I'm very surprised to see USF & Tulane ahead of Memphis. I also thought Houston would be recruiting at a higher level than they have been.
          Memphis was head of USF and Tulane a few days ago, but defections has really hurt them and the program look to be in disarray.

Comment

While I like the graph, I'm not sure about its relation to performance this season. Yes, the guys on UCONN's roster are talented, but we are RAZOR THIN when it comes to depth. Beyond our elite guard group of Jalen Adams, Alterique Gilbert, and Terry Larrier, we don't have much else right now. We need some big guys and a few back-up guards. Hopefully Tremont Waters and some 5th year bigs fall in our favor within the next few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by UCONN_Husky View Post
              While I like the graph, I'm not sure about its relation to performance this season. Yes, the guys on UCONN's roster are talented, but we are RAZOR THIN when it comes to depth. Beyond our elite guard group of Jalen Adams, Alterique Gilbert, and Terry Larrier, we don't have much else right now. We need some big guys and a few back-up guards. Hopefully Tremont Waters and some 5th year bigs fall in our favor within the next few weeks.
              I think the graph was meant to illustrate potential. You may not be back to typical Husky basketball next year, but if these trends continue UCONN should be on the road to fighting for championships in what will be a top tier conference.

Comment

Of course, you can't get a lot of information out of it other than just knowing that the AAC in general recruits way above what we're used to seeing.

Comment

I look forward to revisiting this in a few years especially after hearing Coach talk about potentially getting slightly better recruits now that were in the AAC...

Comment

I like recruiting stars but I hope coach keeps doing what he is doing now. 4 or 5 four and five stars are all you need if you have a culture where everyone is all about the team and winning. Then you can fill in with 3 star recruits.

Comment

it's been pretty well documented that coach marshall has a scouts eye for basketball talent. whatever else happens, i think he will continue to find diamonds in the rough/overlooked players.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                        it's been pretty well documented that coach marshall has a scouts eye for basketball talent. whatever else happens, i think he will continue to find diamonds in the rough/overlooked players.
                        Maybe. When it becomes easier to get into homes, it is easier to forget about chances taken on players like Baker who is good enough to play anywhere. We may have one in McPherson right now.

Comment

Marshall did mention during the Rothstein interview that the door has opened to several four and FIVE star recruits. 2018 would be a great time to see those guys walk in the door.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                            Maybe. When it becomes easier to get into homes, it is easier to forget about chances taken on players like Baker who is good enough to play anywhere. We may have one in McPherson right now.
                            I would love to see Ben Pyle come to WSU. I'm no talent evaluator, but I'm not sure he has the athleticism to play at WSU.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                              seen him twice...I would not put him the Baker in high school category, at all, yet...maybe I'm wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X