2017-18 Media Hate Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

I mean, I guess. But using this logic, every team's best play would be throwing a 50-foot heave at the basket every possession because it's the one sure thing they can do before someone tackles them and takes the ball.
    Okay, if thats the way you see things and it makes sense to you. I was just stating facts. Bottom line, WSU maybe non-chalanted that a bit because it had been successful all but one time earlier this year.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

Okay, if thats the way you see things and it makes sense to you. I was just stating facts. Bottom line, WSU maybe non-chalanted that a bit because it had been successful all but one time earlier this year.
      I think we're agreeing to agree. There are things that WSU could have done to avoid the situation that transpired. What did transpire was execution at a sufficient level to force an unquestionably obvious foul. My assertion is that asking a team to execute within the parameters that the opposition may be allowed to commit unquestionably obvious rules violations without punishment is not reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

His pass was both too short and way too highly arched. Look how far Gray came from to intercept. Had it been a tad flatter, it would have arrived before Gray. If had been thron longer, AR would not have had to stop and fight for it. It was definitely the confluence of timing issues.
        If actually did arrive just prior to Gray. Austin had both hands on the ball going straight up. Gray ran into Austins body just as his hands touched the ball. In football the defensive back has almost 50/50 chance and no pass interference. In basketball, Gray fouled Austin.

Comment

At that time of the game, no ref should call a foul on a 50/50 ball if both players are playing the ball. That thing was thrown up like a Hail Mary rather than a baseball throw like it should have been. I'm okay the ref swallowed his whistle, it was a poorly thrown ball and we shouldn't look for the ref to bail us out on poor execution.

Comment

• Shockm
            Shockm commented
            Editing a comment
            That time of game makes no sense.

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
          At that time of the game, no ref should call a foul on a 50/50 ball if both players are playing the ball. That thing was thrown up like a Hail Mary rather than a baseball throw like it should have been. I'm okay the ref swallowed his whistle, it was a poorly thrown ball and we shouldn't look for the ref to bail us out on poor execution.
          That's not a 50/50 ball. Austin had both hands on the ball when Gray hit him. In football it would be called a tackle and forced fumble, in basketball its a foul.

What's with the "At that time of the game" BS? Whether they are calling a tight game or a fairly loose one, all I want from the refs is consistency regardless of time and score.
          Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• ShockdaWorld
            ShockdaWorld commented
            Editing a comment
            Good luck with that.

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
          That's the question. Did he play the ball or did he physically knock Austin off the ball so that he could play the ball. It was pretty close but my opinion is he gained his advantage be initiating physical contact. But I don't expect that everyone will see it the same.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 14, 2018, 03:36 PM.

Comment

In basketball, the team possessing the ball (WSU) and holding the ball (WSU) is entitled to maintain posession without physical contact causing loss of posession. This was not a free ball, it was a pass from on WSU player to another WSU player. A defender has the right to play the ball, but only between or around the player, not through the player. This would have been called a foul if it was a rebound. Well, maybe not if Gray were rebounding, but certainly it Shaq or AR were in Gray's position on the rebound.
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

In most games that looks like a 50/50 call to me. In a game where more than 50 fouls were called, that was absolutely a foul.

Comment

Where are you guys coming up with the 50/50 ball stuff? https://j.gifs.com/nrXJRp.gif

AR went straight up, then in mid-air flew 4-5 feet sideways all by himself?

Comment

• Kung Wu
                  Kung Wu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Shockernet needs a Drop the Mic button.

• ShockerDropOut
                  ShockerDropOut commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Agreed. That was no 50/50 ball. AR had both hands on it before being steam rolled by Rob Gray. 100% a foul that was not called. Not ever close.

• ShockdaWorld
                  ShockdaWorld commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Gray played the ball right through Austin’s body after Austin possessed the ball. It was blatant, but TV Teddy didn’t care, because he thought the NCAA hosed him right before the game. Gray just made a play knowing TV wasn’t going to call anything on him. Ever.

If Landry’s box out in Philly was a foul so was this. Different conference, still getting screwed by the refs - intentional or not.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                  WSUwatcher commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This was far more egregious than Landry's box out in Philly -- not even close. One was trying to hold position, the other was creating position by knocking the guy out of the way.

Fortunately, it doesn't matter any more, and the Shocks are not in a bad spot where they ended up.
              Working...
              X