Mark Adams talks to Cincinnati Podcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heinro View Post
    #2 If the AAC can't get a challenge, maybe the others need to go and set up almost a bracket busters of sorts, where 3-4 AAC schools, Gonazaga, St. Mary's, Dayton, VCU, maybe a few others from the 1 bid leagues, (those schools expected to be good in the given year) leave open a game date in February to play get a home and home with each other, seeded by RPI or whatever.
    Bracket Boosters.

Comment

Agree with most here. I love Bilas in the studio...not so much as an in-game commentator.

I can't stand Dickie V in any capacity. He will suck an ACC baby's mama teet like no other...

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
        I would agree that it doesn't make short-term business sense (it means immediate cost for WSU and no one gets immediate new revenue guaranteed), but if it leads the on the court success for both WSU and the AAC, the long-term business sense will be a very different matter.
        I would suggest that Mark Adams is taking a relatively narrow view of the costs and benefits of this move strictly fron an ahtletics, primarily men's basketball perspective. OTOH it is clear that President Bardo views this move from a much broader perspective that encompasses Wichita State academics, athletics and quality of campus life and the positive impact it could have on Wichita and the sorrounding areas in general. Clearly Dr. Bardo is thinking in much grander terms than just improving men's basketball's seed line in the NCAA Tournament. How you quantify those things is difficult and I suppose it remains to be seen if his vision will be fulfilled but he is off to a terrific start.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          I would suggest that Mark Adams is taking a relatively narrow view of the costs and benefits of this move strictly fron an ahtletics, primarily men's basketball perspective. OTOH it is clear that President Bardo views this move from a much broader perspective that encompasses Wichita State academics, athletics and quality of campus life and the positive impact it could have on Wichita and the sorrounding areas in general. Clearly Dr. Bardo is thinking in much grander terms than just improving men's basketball's seed line in the NCAA Tournament. How you quantify those things is difficult and I suppose it remains to be seen if his vision will be fulfilled but he is off to a terrific start.
          Bardo is thinking about appealing to a much larger group of prospective students to grow the student body, specifically the Texas/Oklahoma markets.
          Last edited by Dan; April 11, 2017, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Just like what Marshall looks for in a player, the intangible qualities cannot be quantified.
            The Assman

Comment

Working...
            X