Mark Adams talks to Cincinnati Podcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Adams talks to Cincinnati Podcast

Mark loves himself some Koch Arena. http://cincinnati.247sports.com/Arti...State-52232979
    Professional gas passer.

A nice chat and Mark Adams will be calling a WSU v Cincy game.
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
      A nice chat and Mark Adams will be calling a WSU v Cincy game.
      Seriously? That game isn't worthy of Bilas or Vitale?
      The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
        Seriously? That game isn't worthy of Bilas or Vitale?
        Fock that... Mark Adams has been incredibly loyal to Wichita state... And yes he's better then those tools

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
          Fock that... Mark Adams has been incredibly loyal to Wichita state... And yes he's better then those tools
          +1
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

I disagree that this doesn't make sense business wise, for either side. WSU being successful will help the AAC and being in the AAC will help WSU be successful.

With success comes eyeballs and $$$
            The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
              I disagree that this doesn't make sense business wise, for either side. WSU being successful will help the AAC and being in the AAC will help WSU be successful.

With success comes eyeballs and $$$
              I would agree that it doesn't make short-term business sense (it means immediate cost for WSU and no one gets immediate new revenue guaranteed), but if it leads the on the court success for both WSU and the AAC, the long-term business sense will be a very different matter.
              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                I would agree that it doesn't make short-term business sense (it means immediate cost for WSU and no one gets immediate new revenue guaranteed), but if it leads the on the court success for both WSU and the AAC, the long-term business sense will be a very different matter.
                ...provided the league keeps their high-profile teams long term. I think it will even though many would rather be elsewhere.

Am excited to see a new exuberance in Shocker fans as different rivalries are created.
                Last edited by shocksrbest; April 9, 2017, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Bilas is great but Vitale has become a caricature of himself. I really want to play on FOX so Gus Johnson can do PBP for one of our games. "Frankamp with the three! PURE!"
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

McDuffie rise and fire.....

Comment

It's gonna be nasty. Adams deserves front row seat.
                      For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                      - said no one ever...

Comment

Yep

Comment

Very good podcast. I've now listened to the Cincy guy a couple of times, I really like it.

2 things I found most interesting:

#1 The P5 Challenges and the Basketball budgets as compared to buying home games. As mentioned in another thread, I would love to buy UT Arlington, but even with budgets like Cincy's and WSU's, we can't get those games because our budgets aren't big enough to out pay the huge budget teams.

#2 If the AAC can't get a challenge, maybe the others need to go and set up almost a bracket busters of sorts, where 3-4 AAC schools, Gonazaga, St. Mary's, Dayton, VCU, maybe a few others from the 1 bid leagues, (those schools expected to be good in the given year) leave open a game date in February to play get a home and home with each other, seeded by RPI or whatever. That was one of the great things about the early years of the bracket busters, 1. an OOC game later in the year to break up the monotony of conference play and 2. you knew it was going to be a good game. A discussion would need to be made whether the AAC would want to do something like that, since it would give off a perception it isn't as good of a league as the P5s or even the Big East. Obviously, best case scenario would be to get a challenge vs a Big East or a Pac 12.

Also, I second the comments above regarding Mark. I'd gladly listen to him call our game @Cincy. He does a very good job of promoting teams and he is extremely knowledgable. Even though, I do understand, I don't want to hear about how Milton Doyle is perhaps a top 15 player in the country, etc.
                          Last edited by Heinro; April 9, 2017, 11:41 PM.

Comment

I agree. The original concept of the Bracket Busters was genius. They ruined it when they let everybody and their little brother start playing in it.

ESPN--or somebody--would do well to reintroduce it as a showcase of the best 10-20 programs outside the Power 5.
                            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                              Bilas is great but Vitale has become a caricature of himself. I really want to play on FOX so Gus Johnson can do PBP for one of our games. "Frankamp with the three! PURE!"
                              Bilas is great if you like to listen to 2 hours of him complaining about the NCAA or the officiating. I used to like Bilas, but he is much better in the studio in small doses than as an announcer.

Comment

Working...
                              X