Best Wishes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Wishes!

Well, crap. The one game I really enjoyed watching each of the last few years is now gone. Thanks guys... :-)

I wish you all the best in the AAC. I'm not one of those who wants the Shockers gone, I wanted the rest of the conference to catch up! But alas, that's not gonna happen. So, I'll drink a few coffees before our annual game with UMKC, or SEMO, or some other worthless, no-name conference opponent! Just to keep me awake!!! Lol!

Enjoy your new conference. I hope you don't mind if I pop in once in a while!!!

Originally posted by IndyTreeFan View Post
    I hope you don't mind if I pop in once in a while!!!
    Please do.

Comment

You're always welcome here. Go kick some ass in the MVC for us, it's all yours if you want it.
      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

I think we'd all like to see MVC teams come to Wichita in the non-conference, so hopefully we'll see you soon.
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

Well, better MVC teams (at least some of them) than SWAC or MEAC bottom dwellers.

Comment

I, for one, wish you and the rest of the Valley good luck. I hope whatever changes are made to the MVC benefit all who remain.

By the way, you soon might be able to hold conversations on MVCFANS without us sticking our 2 cents in. Please come back.
            Last edited by wusphlash; April 7, 2017, 02:20 PM.
            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

I wouldnt mind games against Indy St and UNI.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Most (not all) MVC teams in the non con would be better than freakin' Maryland Eastern Shore or South Carolina State. You can't tell me most fans wouldn't appreciate playing SIU, UNI, or Bradley (after they get better) over some of the RPI atomic bombs we've scheduled lately. Besides, I REALLY don't want to take a page out of Creighton's playbook and be a pretentious ass that pretends the last 72 years never happened.
                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                  Most (not all) MVC teams in the non con would be better than freakin' Maryland Eastern Shore or South Carolina State. You can't tell me most fans wouldn't appreciate playing SIU, UNI, or Bradley (after they get better) over some of the RPI atomic bombs we've scheduled lately. Besides, I REALLY don't want to take a page out of Creighton's playbook and be a pretentious ass that pretends the last 72 years never happened.
                  It will be interesting to see if Valley teams want to play buy games at Koch Arena. They may or may not. Probably will vary from school to school.

Would like to get a H&H with Creighton going.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    It will be interesting to see if Valley teams want to play buy games at Koch Arena. They may or may not. Probably will vary from school to school.

Would like to get a H&H with Creighton going.
                    UNI, INSt, and BU would be my first choices for various reasons. If H/H, the RPI would have to be fairly solid and they'd need to come here first to help guarantee it. Anything less than 100 RPI, or thereabout, would be a buy game.

I think a H/H with CU is much more likely now that we are out of the Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                      UNI, INSt, and BU would be my first choices for various reasons. If H/H, the RPI would have to be fairly solid and they'd need to come here first to help guarantee it. Anything less than 100 RPI, or thereabout, would be a buy game.

The problem is at the time you schedule the H/H you really have no idea what their RPI, BPI, KenPom, etc. will be at the time you play them. Hopefully, if we do go the H/H route it is with a much higher profile team than what the Valley currently has to offer.

Comment

Buy games for all Valley teams unless they are forecasted to be in the Top 50 RPI or won at least 2 games in the NCAA's

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

There should be no H/H from the Valley at this time. There is no one good enough, consistently enough for it to make sense. We are going to need a couple of buy games and we need to do our best to schedule our buy games at around 200 or so or better in the RPI. There are several Valley teams (SIU and ISUB) who need money and might accept our offer. Our list each year should include the Valley, UMKC, and other teams from lower leagues who will be threats to win their conference. We just need to stay away from MEAC teams except for Moton's team who almost always wins their league.

Comment

I think we should start by not acting like Cretin when they left. UNI and Illinois St will be top 100-150 most years. A h-h wouldn't be a bad thing. Even in the AAC conference our non-conference schedule isn't going to magically improve. People still aren't going to want to play at Koch Arena.

Let's act better
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by IndyTreeFan View Post
                              Well, crap. The one game I really enjoyed watching each of the last few years is now gone. Thanks guys... :-)

I wish you all the best in the AAC. I'm not one of those who wants the Shockers gone, I wanted the rest of the conference to catch up! But alas, that's not gonna happen. So, I'll drink a few coffees before our annual game with UMKC, or SEMO, or some other worthless, no-name conference opponent! Just to keep me awake!!! Lol!

Enjoy your new conference. I hope you don't mind if I pop in once in a while!!!
                              You may keep possession of your soul as I am sure that being a fan of Indiana State is painful enough
                              The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

Working...
                              X