Best Wishes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
    Go tell 3G that we will have a 75 RPI team in 2018-19 and tell me how well that conversation goes.
    Absolutely not. I'm just saying that we were around 30 this year. In 2018-19, we will have a ton of new faces. A H/H with an RPI 80-100 team would be a good thing in my book.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
      Absolutely not. I'm just saying that we were around 30 this year. In 2018-19, we will have a ton of new faces. A H/H with an RPI 80-100 team would be a good thing in my book.
      Yeah, I get what you are saying. I still think 3G will have something up his sleeve because he won't fall back without a fight. The key will be what Landry and Markis do after next year. If those two cats are still on the team in 2018-19, I think we'll be fine. If we are replacing either/both of them along with seven seniors, I'll get a bit more concerned.
      78-65

Comment

I will play the devils advocate here and put it out here....What if with the new conference affiliation and the improved chances of top 100 teams to play that they dial back the ooc schedule a tad bit but keep the tournament at Thanksgiving.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
          I will play the devils advocate here and put it out here....What if with the new conference affiliation and the improved chances of top 100 teams to play that they dial back the ooc schedule a tad bit but keep the tournament at Thanksgiving.
          I thought of that too. I still think they'll still be aggressive in the non-conference because that's how Gregg and Darron operate. Remember...SMU and Cincinnati still got docked a couple seed lines, so it can theoretically still happen to use if we load up on weak teams.

To your point though, we certainly don't have to be stupid. The chances of being bought for a guarantee game were already slim to none anyway, but the move to the American will definitely put that question to bed for the foreseeable future. Heck, our proposed three-game-series with KU (AFH, Sprint, Intrust) is probably out the window at this point too. They can eff themselves and come to Koch in a straight H-H.
          78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
            The key will be what Landry and Markis do after next year. If those two cats are still on the team in 2018-19, I think we'll be fine. If we are replacing either/both of them along with seven seniors, I'll get a bit more concerned.
            This is the key. With them returning for their Jr. for Landry and Sr. for Duff, we could be a preseason Top 25 team. No one here has a crystal ball.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
              This is the key. With them returning for their Jr. for Landry and Sr. for Duff, we could be a preseason Top 25 team. No one here has a crystal ball.
              While I anticipate LS and MM will play all four years of their collegiate eligibility with the Shockers; I am confident the Marshall Plan that has been established will continue to be executed flawlessly. IMO the Shockers have established themselves as a National Brand and team; consequently, IMO they will be a Top 25 Team each year for as long as HC3G is in fact the head coach of the Shockers.

Succession planning is the key for the Shockers MBB team to maintain the level of play/expectation that HC3G has established for the Shockers and their fans.

Comment

Our recruting has gotten steadily better throughout the Marshall Era. Current successes translate into easier recruiting, as we all know. Well, now you can throw in a better conference affiliation. The downside of playing for Marshall in the MVC at WSU got smaller when we joined the AAC. And believe me, the MVC affiliation was something that had to be overcome. Fortunately, Marshall was able to do it regularly.

Until we've gotten to see what takes place in recruiting for the next few seasons, it will be hard to guess, but I think there is a good chance we continue to bring in players as good as what we have been seeing lately. It may even get easier. And the coaching is a constant.

There is always a chance we could slip back, so it's not crazy to suggest we may be a 75 RPI team at some point, but that would be an outlier compared to what we've been doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                  While I anticipate LS and MM will play all four years of their collegiate eligibility with the Shockers; I am confident the Marshall Plan that has been established will continue to be executed flawlessly. IMO the Shockers have established themselves as a National Brand and team; consequently, IMO they will be a Top 25 Team each year for as long as HC3G is in fact the head coach of the Shockers.

Succession planning is the key for the Shockers MBB team to maintain the level of play/expectation that HC3G has established for the Shockers and their fans.
                  The Shocker's stable off young big guards is impressive for any team, including a P5.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                    Soooo from that Chart, there was 1 year they would have been H/H worthy. The rest of the RPI are that of a buy team.
                    Ok, well then enjoy our 200 RPI non-conference buy games. I think you are a little full of it if you truly believe that lol.

Top 50 teams aren't gonna want to come to Koch Arena just because we are in the AAC. They are fighting for at large also. They don't want to go where teams lose more often then not.

I honestly don't think our non-conference schedule will change much. This move was about having good games in January, Feb and March. I don't think it has a major impact on our games in November. We might get the occasional neutral site made for TV game. But home non-conference will probably stay what it has been.
                    Last edited by shockerfan; April 10, 2017, 01:27 PM.
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                      Ok, well then enjoy our 200 RPI non-conference buy games. I think you are a little full of it if you truly believe that lol.

Top 50 teams aren't gonna want to come to Koch Arena just because we are in the AAC. They are fighting for at large also. They don't want to go where teams lose more often then not.

I honestly don't think our non-conference schedule will change much. This move was about having good games in January, Feb and March. I don't think it has a major impact on our games in November. We might get the occasional neutral site made for TV game. But home non-conference will probably stay what it has been.

Well Baylor, OU, and OSU may not be Top 50 but they will be close. This is as good a start as we've ever had and I have a feeling that they will come to Wichita the next year. We'll have to wait and see if this is to be played in IBA or at Koch.

Comment

Well Baylor, OU, and OSU may not be Top 50 but they will be close. This is as good a start as we've ever had and I have a feeling that they will come to Wichita the next year. We'll have to wait and see if this is to be played in IBA or at Koch.
                        I would bet everything I have it will be IBA. And I am ok with that. They won't come to Koch. I stand by what I said. Just have to wait and see.
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                          I would bet everything I have it will be IBA. And I am ok with that. They won't come to Koch. I stand by what I said. Just have to wait and see.
                          Maybe. It if the reports of two more teams from the SEC is true, they can't all go to IBA.

Comment

Maybe. It if the reports of two more teams from the SEC is true, they can't all go to IBA.
                            True. Well hopefully not anyway. That would make a lot of people mad lol. But we have gotten Alabama...etc in Koch arena before. And I could see Ole Miss coming to Koch Arena maybe. I would be good with that. Just can't see too many top 25 teams agreeing to Koch Arena. It HAS happened before, but I would just be surprised.

Of course I have no idea how Baylor will look in 2 years. Maybe they won't be a top 25 team.

Just exciting we can even talk about this kind of stuff.

Comment

I can't see Bama. Most likely are the two brought up already (Missouri with Cuonzo or S. Carolina with a Frank Martin both of whom have a relationship with Gregg at Mo. St. or k State who played us in controlled scrimmage). A name who I haven't seen mentioned is Florida. Alex Brown was an Asst.Coach for Mike White at La Tech.

Comment

I can't see Bama. Most likely are the two brought up already (Missouri with Cuonzo or S. Carolina with a Frank Martin both of whom have a relationship with Gregg at Mo. St. or k State who played us in controlled scrimmage). A name who I haven't seen mentioned is Florida. Alex Brown was an Asst.Coach for Mike White at La Tech.
                                I assume your are referring to Shocker assistant Isaac Brown.

Comment

Working...
                                X