2017-18 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
    Passion Play tour... Saw him leave the arena in his limo after the concert..
    Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
    OK guys. You can stop rubbing it in now. :dejection:

AND ONLY $5.50 FOR RESERVED SEATS!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
      Cannot believe this - how cool. 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
        OK guys. You can stop rubbing it in now. :dejection:

AND ONLY $5.50 FOR RESERVED SEATS!!!
        Originally posted by ShannieShock View Post
        Cannot believe this - how cool. 
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• "Johnny Dawkins expects Tacko Fall ‘to continue to make great decisions’ about NBA draft" - Orlando Sentinel

By Shannon Green, Contact Reporter
          May 18, 2017, 5:45 PM

UCF Knights news with photos, scores and more University of Central Florida teams news and Big 12 updates.

"As Johnny Dawkins chatted about the UCF men’s basketball program’s future with a group of alumni and supporters during the ChargeOn Tour Thursday afternoon, Tacko Fall took another step evaluating his potential NBA future by working out for the Orlando Magic.

Fall said he’s unsure whether he’ll keep his name in the 2017 NBA draft pool or return to UCF basketball to complete his junior season.

But it’s fair to say Dawkins would like his 7-foot-6 center to come back and serve as a centerpiece for the Knights’ offense and defense next season, particularly as basketball power Wichita State joins the American Athletic Conference next season...."

side observation --- The Shockers were the only American Conference team mentioned.:bball_spin:

Comment

• To get a player, you're going to have to hire his parent (or relative or AAU coach)
            The art of the package deals between coach, father, and son in college basketball.

Other coaches disagree with such arrangements.
            "I don't think I would," Wichita State's Gregg Marshall said. "It's ethically wrong. [It's] indirectly paying for the player."

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/19408831/the-art-package-deals-coach-father-son-college-basketball

Comment

• Originally posted by myopicraiderfan View Post
              To get a player, you're going to have to hire his parent (or relative or AAU coach)
              The art of the package deals between coach, father, and son in college basketball.

Other coaches disagree with such arrangements.
              "I don't think I would," Wichita State's Gregg Marshall said. "It's ethically wrong. [It's] indirectly paying for the player."

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/19408831/the-art-package-deals-coach-father-son-college-basketball
              Another reason why I love 3G!
              Why walk somebody in baseball when you can hit them?

Comment

• I'd be curious how long those "coaches" stay on staff after their son/recruit graduates. Don't hear much about Ed Manning or Ronnie Chalmer's coaching careers these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  I'd be curious how long those "coaches" stay on staff after their son/recruit graduates. Don't hear much about Ed Manning or Ronnie Chalmer's coaching careers these days.
                  The reason you don't hear about Ed Manning anymore is because he died in 2011. To your first question, Ed followed Larry Brown to San Antonio as an assistant coach and then later worked as a scout for the Spurs.
                  78-65

Comment

• I figured someone would want to do a little Google research, thank you for showing that truck drivers can have long careers in coaching if they hook up with the right guy

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      I figured someone would want to do a little Google research, thank you for showing that truck drivers can have long careers in coaching if they "hook up" with the right gal
                      FIFY
                      You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

That poster sold online in 2013 for $110 or something close to that. Only solid evidence I found of JT playing in Wichita in the 70s.
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Nm
                          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• It wasn't just Larry Brown; Darnell Valentine joined The Flagship after Ted Owens hired his coach Lafayette Norwood, whose Chickenhawk career ran pretty much coterminously with Valentine's.

Comment

• "Kevin Sweeney Joins Me To Talk AAC Hoops" - SportsBlog

By Merican Mania
                              May 19, 2017

"...What are your thoughts on the addition of Wichita State?

Adding Wichita State to the AAC is a slam dunk for a conference looking to earn the title of top non-Power 5 conference in college basketball. The Shockers have become a consistent power that has made noise in the NCAA Tournament year after year. The WSU program has incredible fan support, and AAC fans will learn to dread their team’s trip to Koch Center, where the Shockers have lost just 4 times in the last 5 seasons. Gregg Marshall’s teams play a hard-nosed brand of basketball, and while his teams usually aren’t loaded with top talent, Marshall does an excellent job of developing players. This year, the Shockers bring back 9 of their top 10 players from last season, including rising sophomore Landry Shamet, who will likely be on my preseason All-AAC first team. While some will question whether the Shockers will be able to handle the heightened physicality of the AAC compared to the MVC, I believe that Wichita State will be the league’s top team this season, narrowly edging out SMU and Cincinnati."

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                                "Kevin Sweeney Joins Me To Talk AAC Hoops" - SportsBlog

By Merican Mania
                                May 19, 2017

"...What are your thoughts on the addition of Wichita State?
                                While some will question whether the Shockers will be able to handle the heightened physicality of the AAC compared to the MVC, I believe that Wichita State will be the league’s top team this season, narrowly edging out SMU and Cincinnati."
                                Those who question how the Shocks will match up up in a "physical" contest obviously haven't watched 'em very much. :poster_wu:

Comment

Working...
                                X