No announcement yet.

2017-2018 Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There will be a Wichita shortage of "Whine & Cheese" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
      He also has KU potentially playing Creighton in the second round. I am trying to wrap my head around that one. Is IBA big enough to contain that much jackholeness?
      The sheer volume of pretension and pompousness concentrated in one place may cause IBA to collapse in on itself.
      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Jamar Howard 4 President
        Jamar Howard 4 President commented
        Editing a comment
        ShockerPhi, Doc has a history of saying some incredibly vile things that the mods have had to delete. Though his joke about the roof collapsing on KU/Creighton fans may seem tame, knowing his past comments, I find it inexcusable that he would be saying anything of the sort.

ShockerFever, are you really wanting to take the "pro slavery and torture of blacks" side?

• ShockingButTrue
        ShockingButTrue commented
        Editing a comment
        Exhibit A of reactionary, progressive, and bombastic paranoia, which led to the election victory for Trump.

Having said that, maybe "now" the mods will remove this slime from from the pages of this chat room. Inexcusable.

• WuDrWu
        WuDrWu commented
        Editing a comment
        I should let it go, but I just can't. One of the very few instances in life where I'm not big enough. Seriously Jamar Howard 4 President, ever heard of hyperbole? So we can't have a little fun with KU and CU in this forum now, in a reactionary comment? And as far as my "history" of vile comments that have had to be deleted by mods, what are we talking about......2 in 20000? Maybe? You gotta get a life my friend. 'Fev has a word for what you're doing. As for blocking you, when @KungWu changed things over the blocking was apparently deleted and I honestly didn't give it much thought, but if it's that important to you, I've got no problem putting you back there.

• If Creighton came to Wichita, the sports bars would love it, beer sales would go up the roof
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• im4wsu
        im4wsu commented
        Editing a comment
        Do they buy if the cost is more than $1.00?

• Lunardi has us in Dallas as 3 seed versus Belmont.
      Get the latest NCAA college basketball bracketology breakdown from ESPN's Joe Lunardi
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
        Lunardi has us in Dallas as 3 seed versus Belmont.
        Id take that

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Just watching UConn Cinci right now. Uhhh. I’m so glad we are out of the Valley.

Comment

• If Creighton played KU, I would actually root for Creighton.

Comment

• WuShock16
              WuShock16 commented
              Editing a comment
              ...for triple the face value, I hope.

• WuDrWu
              WuDrWu commented
              Editing a comment
              I'd probably let my ticket go unused before I sold it to a KU fan. Is that ok Jamar Howard 4 President? Or is that a little too mean in today's world?

• Jamar Howard 4 President
              Jamar Howard 4 President commented
              Editing a comment
              Go let some slaves free Doc.

• @Tulsa is only a few spots away from being a Q1 win

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post
              Some games tonight that could impact our seed. Per Bracket Matrix WSU is a 4 seed.
              Current Seed per Bracket Matrix
              (3) Cincinnati hosting UConn
              (2) Purdue at Illinois
              (4) Arizona at Oregon St
              (6) Houston at Memphis
              (5) Gonzaga at San Diego
              (6) Arizona St at Oregon
              Cincinnati beat UConn
              Purdue beat Illinois
              Arizona beat Oregon St in OT
              Houston lost to Memphis
              Gonzaga beat San Diego
              Arizona St lost to Oregon

Comment

• Two games tonight that could impact our seed. Per Bracket Matrix WSU is a 4 seed.
                (5) Rhode Island hosting Dayton
                (5) Ohio St at Indiana

Comment

• FadedCrown
                  FadedCrown commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Rhode Island is my favorite mid-major this year, so if they can win that will be nice. Ohio State can lose though. Indiana for the reddit memes.

• Cdizzle
                  Cdizzle commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I like Rhode Island. But I'm more interested in my team getting the best seed possible than liking Rhode Island.

• Saturdays games that could impact our seed. Per Bracket Matrix WSU is a 4 seed.
                (6) Michigan at Maryland
                3) Tennessee at Ole Miss
                (1) Villanova at (9) Creighton
                (4) Clemson hosting Virginia Tech
                (1) Virginia at Pitt
                (1) KU at (3) Texas Tech
                (4) West Virginia hosting Iowa St
                (2) Duke hosting Syracuse
                (5) Gonzaga at BYU
                (2) Auburn at Florida
                4)Arizona at Oregon
                (7) Texas A&M at Vanderbilt
                (8) Oklahoma hosting K State
                (5) Kentucky hosting Missouri

Comment

• Monday games that could impact our seed. Per Bracket Matrix WSU is a 4 seed.
                  (2) Duke hosting (10) Virginia Tech
                  (3) Texas Tech at (4) West Virginia
                  (1) KU hosting (11) Texas

Comment

• ShockerPhi
                    ShockerPhi commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I want Tech and WVU to both lose.

• ESPN Bracketology - Joe Lunardi
                  Updated: 02/26/18

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...l/bracketology

EAST REGION - Dallas
                  #3 Wichita State vs. #14 Bucknell

#3 Cincinnati vs. #14 Charleston

WEST REGION - Nashville
                  #7 Houston vs. #10 Arizona State

Comment

• WheatShock
                    WheatShock commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If this happens does Marshall give Earl Grant whatever info he can or not?

• Cdizzle
                    Cdizzle commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Was thinking about this exact scenario the other day. If it were me, I'd take the approach of staying out of it altogether.

• If the Shockers win out, what's the highest seed they'll get?

Comment

• AndShock
                    AndShock commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Consensus seems to be 3. Put me down for a 2.

• ShockTalk
                    ShockTalk commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It is very much controlled by what those teams above us do. A top team losing on the road to a top 20 team may have little impact.

• Cdizzle
                    Cdizzle commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If WSU wins 2 this week, they'll be 6-2 vs. Q1 and 9-2 vs. Q2. That's very clearly in the realm of 2-3 seed. That's the data the committee would have in front of them all week prior to the conference tourney. Then, it gets interesting. Tulsa and UCF are right on the border of Q1 road games. Temple/UH/Cincy would provide Q1 neutral wins. Winning out to the NCAAT probably puts WSU 8-2 vs. Q1 and 10-2 vs Q2 (possibly swapping 1 from Q1 to Q2). I would wager that's good for 7th or 8th on a fairly-evaluated S-Curve.

• "NCAA tournament bracketology: No. 3 seeds Cincinnati, Wichita State won't be easy outs" - USA Today

By Shelby Mast and Scott Gleeson, USA TODAY Sports
                  Published 8:56 a.m. ET Feb. 8, 2018

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ogy/318678002/

"About a month ago, Wichita State had slipped to a No. 8 seed and was flirting with the type of seeding it would have garnered playing in its former mid-major conference, the Missouri Valley.

But the luxury of playing in a power conference — which the American Athletic is the worst of but still a power conference — is that there's opportunity to boost seeding at a much quicker rate. Two weeks away from Selection Sunday, the Shockers have jumped up to a No. 3 seed thanks to a six-game winning streak that included an impressive road win over fellow No. 3 seed Cincinnati, which is the AAC's top team (for now).

A March 4 regular-season finale matchup between the schools, as well as the AAC tournament in Orlando, will likely determine which of these teams stays at the No. 3 line. But the important thing to keep in mind is that both these teams are poised to be unbelievably tough outs in the NCAA tournament. A top-heavy AAC with just three projected tournament teams and a No. 7 RPI perhaps clouds just how good both teams are, particularly on the defensive end where the Bearcats are second in the country in scoring defense (allowing opponents 56.9 points a game) and the Shockers are third in the nation in blocks.

More than that, these squads are loaded with the type of hard-nosed, dive-on-the-floor bruisers that will make any No. 14 seed feel completely unwelcome in the Big Dance.

If you're looking for sleeper Final Four teams, the AAC has two of them...."

EAST REGION - Wichita
                  #3 Cincinnati vs. #14 Charleston

MIDWEST REGION - Nashville
                  #6 Houston vs. #11 Washington/Louisville

SOUTH REGION - Dallas
                  #3Wichita State vs. #14 UNC-Greensboro

Comment

Working...
                  X