No announcement yet.

2017-18 National Poll Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I swear that my distaste for KU isn't guiding this, but how are they ranked so high? They seem to have a lot more questions/unknowns than WSU does. I'll give Graham credit for being legit. Svi and Vick are decent. I've heard good things about Newman and Azubuike. They might eventually be great (due to the annual pants-wetting from the Big 12), but I'm not seeing how they are Top 5 material on Day 1.
    78-65

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
      https://www.fanragsports.com/cbb/rot...8-may-edition/

#9 on Rothstein's preseason Top 25.
      Rothstein didn't put a lot of effort into research (or even observation). Here's his lineup

Projected Starting Five:
      PG Conner Frankamp
      SG Landry Shamet
      SF Markis McDuffie
      PF Zach Brown
      C Shaq Morris
      He did get Morris right.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Am I the only one that is baffled by how high everyone is ranking KU?

Comment

Am I the only one that is baffled by how high everyone is ranking KU?
          The names on the uniforms seem to be a huge factor in pre-season polls. Then poll dynamics come into play. The "big name" teams schedule a few other similar teams and a cream puff Schedule. Losing against other "big name" and possibly overranked teams doesn't drop them much in the polls.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            The names on the uniforms seem to be a huge factor in pre-season polls. Then poll dynamics come into play. The "big name" teams schedule a few other similar teams and a cream puff Schedule. Losing against other "big name" and possibly overranked teams doesn't drop them much in the polls.
            Totally agree. The polls are by their nature situated to put the top teams at the top based on previous performance which doesn't translate very well into future performance. What else should be done though? Question is open to anyone. There isn't any other good way to rank a preseason team.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Until someone in the Big 12 figures out how to knock KU off the pedestal, they will be a perennial top seed. The names change but the results are pretty consistent.

Comment

https://www.fanragsports.com/cbb/rot...8-may-edition/

#9 on Rothstein's preseason Top 25.
                This is just awesome but he forgot Asbjorn!
                SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
                gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

Originally posted by ShanShock View Post
                  This is just awesome but he forgot Asbjorn!
                  No Keyser either.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                    No Keyser either.
                    Right on that one!!! I bet Keyser really stands out this year.
                    SHOCKERS & AWE

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                      No Keyser either.
                      He'll contribute.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                        That sounds about right, fresh out of the blocks. Our rotation players could start games and we would not skip a beat. Jones is a solid shooter with good handles. Let's hope Austin is of good health. CJ should be ready to compete for more minutes this Season as well. I am eager to see A.M. play too. MM and LS will be among the best of the best players in the AAC and I am hoping Shaq has his very best results this Season. If our team defense keeps improving, we could possibly stay in the top 10 much of the Season. With all of our Seniors, look for us to peak at the very end when Dancing counts the most. I could see 3, maybe 4 teams from the AAC Dance this time around. We all wanted this new Conference opportunity and 'away we go' for an exciting Season to be remembered IMO.
                        man, i've forgotten about cj keyser lately. i think he will take a major jump in minutes this year- athletic defender, good attitude, coachable.

Comment

• And yet another top 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                            man, i've forgotten about cj keyser lately. i think he will take a major jump in minutes this year- athletic defender, good attitude, coachable.
                            Hey speaking of Austin - check out "Shocker Faithful" on Facebook and you'll see a pic of him and his Mother recently!
                            SHOCKERS & AWE

Comment

Working...
                            X