No announcement yet.

2017-18 National Poll Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading from my iPhone; can’t make out #24? Assistance please! :)
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• On another note. Listen to Bill Self’s post game comments if you have a chance. Pretty good stuff. Sorry, posting from my phone and don’t have a link. I’m sure Bill and KU fans could have enjoyed a 6-pack of the ‘new’ WuShock Wheat brew.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Very rarely have I not been, nor can I even remember now the few times (one of the few advantages of an aging mind), a fan of Gary Parrish.

Comment

• I was hoping USC would have been higher ranked going into the Oklahoma game (although I’ll take them losing to a AAC team). Oklahoma possibly beating them in SoCal gave them a better chance of getting ranked ahead of our game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slykryck View Post
            I was hoping USC would have been higher ranked going into the Oklahoma game (although I’ll take them losing to a AAC team). Oklahoma possibly beating them in SoCal gave them a better chance of getting ranked ahead of our game.
            I'm interested in watching Young play late night tomorrow. Go Sooners.
            Last edited by ShockerFever; December 7, 2017, 07:33 PM.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• So
              much
              opportunity.

Beat Stillwater.

Comment

• "College Basketball Rankings: Projected top 10 after Duke loses to Boston College" - FanSided

by Chris Stone
                Posted: 12/09/17, 1:45pm cst

Duke was ranked No. 1, but they lost, so what the heck does the top 10 look like now? College basketball has had a pretty ridiculous week. Multiple top...

"College basketball has had a pretty ridiculous week. Multiple top 10 teams have fallen to presumptively inferior foes meaning next Monday’s polls are going to get a big shakeup. So, we decided to take a stab at what the new top 10 might look like. Here’s our best guess.

1. Villanova – The Wildcats were ranked No. 3 in last week’s AP poll, but they easily handled an impressive Gonzaga team on Tuesday night behind a breakout performance from junior Mikal Bridges. That should be enough to let them jump the two teams previously ranked above them, Duke and Michigan State.
                2. Duke – Victims of an “overrated” chant and a court storming after losing to Boston College in the opening game of ACC play, the Blue Devils slip just one spot here. Sure, you can make an argument Michigan State deserves to be ranked higher, but the Spartans lost to Duke on a neutral floor, so the tie breaker favors the former No. 1 team.
                3. Michigan State – The Spartans have legitimately turned into one of the top defensive teams in the nation behind a deep frontcourt that limits opponents’ scoring chances inside the arc. A road win over Rutgers, though, isn’t exactly the most impressive addition to the ole resume since the last poll.
                4. Kansas Washington handed the Jayhawks their first loss of the season this week with an impressive game plan designed to limit the number of available 3s to them. Kansas could certainly use Billy Preston to get eligible, but one loss isn’t enough to drop them too far.
                5. Wichita State – The Shockers needed a huge second half to knock off South Dakota State at home, but given the Jackrabbits projects as an NCAA Tournament team, that’s not the biggest negative. Remember, Wichita State is still waiting on leading scorer Markis McDuffie to get healthy.
                6. Kentucky – The Wildcats’ only loss this season came to Kansas at the Champions Classic. Since then, they’ve reeled off six straight wins. John Calipari’s squad is young, but it seems like the head coach may finally be sorting out his team’s identity ahead of SEC play.
                7. Miami – Bruce Brown missing time with an injury doesn’t seem to be too big of a problem. 5-star freshman Lonnie Walker stepped into his starting role on Tuesday and dropped 25 points on Boston. The Hurricanes have the potential to be scary good with Brown healthy and Walker reaching his potential.
                8. Texas A&M – A three point loss to Arizona isn’t enough to drop the Aggies too far. The Wildcats may have struggled early this season, but they’re still super talented and the game was played in Phoenix. Texas A&M has one of the most dominant frontlines in the sport and DJ Hogg may finally be having a breakout season.
                9. North Carolina – The Tar Heels have ripped off four straight wins since their embarrassing showing in the finals of the PK80 against Michigan State. This week, they dropped 104 points on Western Carolina as six players scored in double figures.
                10. Xavier – The last spot in the top 10 is a tough one, but the Musketeers own wins over Baylor and Cincinnati. They were ranked No. 13 last week and didn’t lose like the teams above them. Up they go!"

Commentary
                Boo!

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                  WSUwatcher commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If he wrote that at 1:45, maybe three or four hours later the Shocks will look even better -- at least one spot. But I think he's right about Villanova, though.

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                "College Basketball Rankings: Projected top 10 after Duke loses to Boston College" - FanSided

by Chris Stone
                Posted: 12/09/17, 1:45pm cst

Duke was ranked No. 1, but they lost, so what the heck does the top 10 look like now? College basketball has had a pretty ridiculous week. Multiple top...

"College basketball has had a pretty ridiculous week. Multiple top 10 teams have fallen to presumptively inferior foes meaning next Monday’s polls are going to get a big shakeup. So, we decided to take a stab at what the new top 10 might look like. Here’s our best guess.

1. Villanova – The Wildcats were ranked No. 3 in last week’s AP poll, but they easily handled an impressive Gonzaga team on Tuesday night behind a breakout performance from junior Mikal Bridges. That should be enough to let them jump the two teams previously ranked above them, Duke and Michigan State.
                2. Duke – Victims of an “overrated” chant and a court storming after losing to Boston College in the opening game of ACC play, the Blue Devils slip just one spot here. Sure, you can make an argument Michigan State deserves to be ranked higher, but the Spartans lost to Duke on a neutral floor, so the tie breaker favors the former No. 1 team.
                3. Michigan State – The Spartans have legitimately turned into one of the top defensive teams in the nation behind a deep frontcourt that limits opponents’ scoring chances inside the arc. A road win over Rutgers, though, isn’t exactly the most impressive addition to the ole resume since the last poll.
                4. Kansas Washington handed the Jayhawks their first loss of the season this week with an impressive game plan designed to limit the number of available 3s to them. Kansas could certainly use Billy Preston to get eligible, but one loss isn’t enough to drop them too far.
                5. Wichita State – The Shockers needed a huge second half to knock off South Dakota State at home, but given the Jackrabbits projects as an NCAA Tournament team, that’s not the biggest negative. Remember, Wichita State is still waiting on leading scorer Markis McDuffie to get healthy.
                6. Kentucky – The Wildcats’ only loss this season came to Kansas at the Champions Classic. Since then, they’ve reeled off six straight wins. John Calipari’s squad is young, but it seems like the head coach may finally be sorting out his team’s identity ahead of SEC play.
                7. Miami – Bruce Brown missing time with an injury doesn’t seem to be too big of a problem. 5-star freshman Lonnie Walker stepped into his starting role on Tuesday and dropped 25 points on Boston. The Hurricanes have the potential to be scary good with Brown healthy and Walker reaching his potential.
                8. Texas A&M – A three point loss to Arizona isn’t enough to drop the Aggies too far. The Wildcats may have struggled early this season, but they’re still super talented and the game was played in Phoenix. Texas A&M has one of the most dominant frontlines in the sport and DJ Hogg may finally be having a breakout season.
                9. North Carolina – The Tar Heels have ripped off four straight wins since their embarrassing showing in the finals of the PK80 against Michigan State. This week, they dropped 104 points on Western Carolina as six players scored in double figures.
                10. Xavier – The last spot in the top 10 is a tough one, but the Musketeers own wins over Baylor and Cincinnati. They were ranked No. 13 last week and didn’t lose like the teams above them. Up they go!"

Commentary
                Boo!
                Excuses for Duke and Kansas incoming

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Excuses for Duke and Kansas incoming
                  If you don't understand that Boston College was the best quality loss out there, then I can't help you.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I'm gonna have to clear my calendar Monday to call out all the hypocrisy, logical fallacies, and double standards.

Comment

• My hope is they give us some credit for beating ANOTHER big12 team on the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

If you don't understand that Boston College was the best quality loss out there, then I can't help you.
                        Keep in mind, BC's best player, Deontae Hawkins (yes, that Hawklins) sat out this game, and will miss thee rest of the season due to a recent injury.

Comment

• Shocker Mama
                          Shocker Mama commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Oh my. Isn't he about thirty now?

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Keep in mind, BC's best player, Deontae Hawkins (yes, that Hawklins) sat out this game, and will miss thee rest of the season due to a recent injury.
                        Is he gonna get a medical redshirt for his ninth season of eligibility?
                        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• I've posted maybe a couple dozen times on phog.net. Apparently my posts have to be approved now before being allowed to be posted. So far in their heads.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                            WSUwatcher commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Living there rent free, Doc -- a great deal for you.

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

Is he gonna get a medical redshirt for his ninth season of eligibility?
                          You know, that dude is a baller. I hope so. He would be what? 42 yrs old as a Sr.?

Comment

Working...
                          X