New Logo on floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Logo on floor

Interesting. It looks like they used vinyl signage material.

Comment

Much, much better.

Comment

I'll be looking at him upside down. I'm in Section 120.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
          Yep. I'd guess it's probably the best option short of stripping the clear off and repainting the floor in terms of grip for shoes.
          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl
            Yep. I'd guess it's probably the best option short of stripping the clear off and repainting the floor in terms of grip for shoes.
            Having previously worked for a vinyl sign company for almost 20 years, I'm surprised they could find a vinyl thin enough, yet durable enough to withstand the stress.

At any rate, looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by rjl
              Having previously worked for a vinyl sign company for almost 20 years, I'm surprised they could find a vinyl thin enough, yet durable enough to withstand the stress.

At any rate, looks good!
              Just hope it's not the same material they used during the first round of the NCAA Tournament this year. Kids were slipping all over it, and they determined not to use it for the rest of the Tourney.

Comment

I'm sure there will be a clear coat over it.

I doubt it will just be a vinyl logo stuck to the floor.
                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                -John Wooden

Comment

Why did they do it upside down? The illustration, it was facing the other way.
                  Besides, you would think you would want it facing where most enter the arena from the front door.

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53
                    Originally posted by rjl

At any rate, looks good!
                    Just hope it's not the same material they used during the first round of the NCAA Tournament this year. Kids were slipping all over it, and they determined not to use it for the rest of the Tourney.
                    When they put the stickers down on the floor for the tourney games, they are just that, stickers. But when put on a floor permanently, they are coated over with the clear stuff. It makes them just like the paint underneath.

I like the way the floor looks, I think it's very sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                      Besides, you would think you would want it facing where most enter the arena from the front door.
                      You put it the way it's facing the right way for TV
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                        Originally posted by Snapshot9
                        You put it the way it's facing the right way for TV
                        We old fogies sit on the west side, so it should face that way.
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I like it. It was time for a change. The old logo was cool, but had been there since Koch Arena opened, right?

The more WU we have visable, the better.

What ever happened to Wee Shock? Oh, I guess that's for another thread.

:lol:

Comment

Here's the link to the article.

Arena Floor Progress

Comment

Awesome, now I have a new background for my PC.

:posterwu: :clap:
                              "If you're going to do it, you're going to do it right," athletic director Jim Schaus said. "If we're going to put 'Wichita State' across our chest, then every team is going to matter."

Comment

Working...
                              X