No announcement yet.

New Logo on floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As one of the guys who has been working on the floor this week, just thought I'd let you know what is happening. The floor was completely sanded to bare wood to remove all of the orginal finish and paint. What you are seeing is painted graphics, there is no vinyl on the floor. The WU Shock and the wording was done using a masking process. We got the first coat of finish on Thurs afternoon, with the final coat being applied Friday am. We feel the new look is pretty cool and, since I am a Shocker alum and a season ticket holder, much better than that Bird up north

Comment

Originally posted by craig8132
      As one of the guys who has been working on the floor this week, just thought I'd let you know what is happening. The floor was completely sanded to bare wood to remove all of the orginal finish and paint. What you are seeing is painted graphics, there is no vinyl on the floor. The WU Shock and the wording was done using a masking process. We got the first coat of finish on Thurs afternoon, with the final coat being applied Friday am. We feel the new look is pretty cool and, since I am a Shocker alum and a season ticket holder, much better than that Bird up north
      Oh thank goodness for the info. I was a little disappointed if it was a vinyl sticker. Paint job looks good. How long of a work day did you guys spend on this per day.

Comment

Looking back at the very first picture, my how creepy a basketball court looks without any paint. Just weird.

As for the job, it looks pretty snazzy. Well done guys.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by craig8132
          Ah. I saw the mask and figured it was vinyl. I'm just curious, how do you do that? Is the mask a stencil or is the paint somehow put down with a masking process? If it's the latter, how is it done?

Comment

looks great, I like it.
            That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

I like it! I Like it a lout. :good:
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by rZ
                looks great, I like it.
                We started the WSU project on Friday 3-28, the sander hit the floor at 2:20pm. Up until Thurs, we were putting in 15hrs+ per day, we finished the floor putting our last finish coat on Fri AM, so we got quite abit done in just a week. The masks we used were generated from a company in Tennessee. In fact, the company sent one of their key guys to ramrod putting WU on. The patterns are layed on the floor and once positioned, a backing is removed and the pattern stuck to the floor. Another layer is removed from the facing to expose those areas that are to be painted. We then just basically paint in between the lines. This is how all lettering and WU's black sweater was done. After overnight drying, the original mask was removed and another mask was applied to paint the yellow and white. After drying, all mask are remove and WU is born. It faces the way it does because of the TV cameras. I jokingly asked to have it face the other direction since my seats are in 119. For some reason, my request was denied. About the only time you will see stickers on a floor is when temporary signage is necessary, ie during tournament games. There is a material that can be applied to the sticker itself to eliminate some of the slickness these stickers have. You really cannot coat over these since the coating can't adhere to the sticker itself. Hopes this answers some of your questions. GO SHOCKS.

Comment

The new floor really does look great. We are already a step ahead of this past year with this change.

Is there a center jump circle embedded in WuShock? Can't tell from the picitures which is good I guess if it's there.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                    The new floor really does look great. We are already a step ahead of this past year with this change.

Is there a center jump circle embedded in WuShock? Can't tell from the picitures which is good I guess if it's there.
                    There is both a center jump circle and half court line. The fact that you can't see it is good. What we do is have a combination 1/4" "ghost" lines and 1/4" wide painted lines that indicates both the ctr jump and half court. These lines only have to be visible to officials and players and they do meet NCAA requirements. If you where to look closely, you would see qtr. inch wide wood reveal indicators that go thru the logo and qtr inch wide white painted lines outside the logo. The purpose of these types of lines is to not distract from the appearance of the logo while at the same time adhereing to NCAA regs.

Comment

You've done a TERRIFIC job.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

This is a great change! A new beginning to a new season, great job guys!

Comment

I've got to go see it in person. That really is looking quite a bit better.

Comment

I guess the fact we have two 3-point lines tells us they have move the men's 3-point shot back a foot, but apparently did not make the same change for the women. Or is that to accomodate high school?

Comment

I guess the fact we have two 3-point lines tells us they have move the men's 3-point shot back a foot, but apparently did not make the same change for the women. Or is that to accomodate high school?
                              It is for the women.
                              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Both, but here it primarily for the women.

Comment

Working...
                                X