No announcement yet.

Eric Hamilton leaving?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So do we add another player for next year then?
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I was under the understanding we were over one scholarship? Thus, now we would have all current scholarships filled. Is this correct?

Best of luck to Eric. I think he will be a really good get for wherever he transfers.

Question now, is Erik the only player who will transfer out or will anyone else do so?

Comment

Originally posted by Heinro View Post
        I was under the understanding we were over one scholarship? Thus, now we would have all current scholarships filled. Is this correct?

Best of luck to Erik. I think he will be a really good get for wherever he transfers.

Question now is, is Erik the only transfer out or will others follow suit?
        Yes, that is correct. We had one scholly to give that J.R. Simon was filling this year. We had two incoming recruits (the Great Dane and Samajae) so we were one over. With Eric leaving we are now back in balance with our full allotment of 13 scholarships. That could yet change, or it might not.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 29, 2017, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Heinro View Post

Best of luck to Eric. I think he will be a really good get for wherever he transfers.

Question now, is Erik the only player who will transfer out or will anyone else do so?
          We are now full up on scholarships. Someone else would have to leave to make room for additional signees.
          Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
            We are now full up on scholarships. Someone else would have to leave to make room for additional signees.
            Most likely yes. Although either an additional signee could pay their own way for a year or one of the current players could pay their way for one year. I don't think either scenario is very likely but we have had guys pay their own way before including all of our walk-ons. The two most prominent that come to mind were Ron Baker and Malcolm Armstead.

Comment

Alrighty then. 13 it is.
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                ETSU might be a good landing place provided Coach Forbes stays there. UNCW to reunite with Ty?

Wherever he goes, I wish him well.
                Bad news for Ty. The coach at his prep school was Kevin Keatts who was just hired away from UNCW to NC State.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  Most likely yes. Although either an additional signee could pay their own way for a year or one of the current players could pay their way for one year. I don't think either scenario is very likely but we have had guys pay their own way before including all of our walk-ons. The two most prominent that come to mind were Ron Baker and Malcolm Armstead.
                  I think a Baker/Armstead scenario is most likely as I just don't see a current player giving up a scholarship since Wessel has graduated.
                  Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Good luck Eric, thought this young had great potential.
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Best of luck, Eric, and hope you shine at what ever school you end up at.

Comment

My best wished to Eric H. and hoping he finds a Program that is a wise fit for him.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I'm sure this will work out for both parties. His body type reminded me of a young AC, however the game did not.

Comment

Not really knowing where to put this, but Nebraska's best young player, Ed Morrow, is leaving the Huskers...6'7" sophomore..outstanding rebounder...good target?

Comment

There is no room. We are full up on scholarship players for next year. Unless he walks on like Malcolm Armstead.

Comment

Originally posted by engrshock View Post
                                There is no room. We are full up on scholarship players for next year. Unless he walks on like Malcolm Armstead.
                                Don't bet against this happening. Maybe not with any specific player. But I'd be more surprised if there wasn't a transfer paying their own way next season.

Comment

Working...
                                X