X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Hamilton leaving?

Shun Williams @OntheRadarHoops 38m

Eric Hamilton has been granted his release from Wichita State
    If true, I suppose it was somewhat expected.

Yes, Eric is transferring.

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/article141491354.html

Report didn't say where to. I wonder if East Tennessee State might be a good landing spot for Eric.

In any case, best wishes to Eric and hope he finds a great landing spot to finish his basketball career and his education.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 29, 2017, 02:38 PM.

Comment

If true, thanks to EHam for choosing WSU and giving us your best!

Now, go out there and F some S up for your new school!!

Comment

I can say without a doubt, Eric made our team tougher just by being on it. I thank him for that.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Yes, Eric is transferring.

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/article141491354.html

Report didn't say where to. I wonder if East Tennessee State might be a good landing spot for Eric.

In any case, best wishes to Eric and hope you find a great landing spot to finish your basketball career and your education.
          Yes, I agree. ETS would be a very nice spot for him.

Eric intrigued me. He played hot and cold. I always thought that with experience, he might be a nice, late bloomer. An effective, nice, late bloomer.
          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

If Glass can go in a start for ETSU, Eric can do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
              Yes, I agree. ETS would be a very nice spot for him.

Eric intrigued me. He played hot and cold. I always thought that with experience, he might be a nice, late bloomer. An effective, nice, late bloomer.
              Clearly has a lot of physical tools, but I think he needs a lot of playing time to harness them and that just wasn't going to happen here.

I hope he ends up somewhere where he can play a lot because he could be fun to watch if he puts it together.

Comment

Was written on the wall before season started... Best of luck...

Comment

Casualty of ungodly depth right now.

Good luck.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Thank you Eric Hamilton for the sweat and work that you put into the Shocker basketball team. May you realize your dreams and always remember your times here with a smile.

Comment

Not a big surprise. I am a big EH supporter but he just never did the things that made you think he would earn a spot in the rotation. EH actually gave WSU three years. If I remember correctly he should have come in with Rashard, Zach and Rauno but agreed to go to Sunrise to make scholarship room.

ETSU might be a good landing place provided Coach Forbes stays there. UNCW to reunite with Ty?

Wherever he goes, I wish him well.
                      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing him get playing time somewhere, he's an exciting player to watch.

Is there another to come?
                        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                        -John Wooden

Comment

This kid likely knew early into the season that he would not be playing and likely transferring. He was still a big cheerleader on the bench from what I could tell. Says something positive about his makeup. If he redshirted he would only have one year of eligibility remaining after a transfer year, correct? Maybe DII would make sense if he wanted to play two years. Otherwise he would be a huge upgrade for many of our Valley foes and a solid contributor for any number of DI programs. Wherever he goes I hope they have good trainers and an ample supply of ice for the practice damage he does.

Godspeed, Eric Hamilton. We hardly knew ye.

Edit: I see above he "Sunrised" and didn't redshirt.
                          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

He will play 2 more years. If he goes DII, he can play next season. If he goes D1, he will sit a transfer year, then play 2. Meanwhile, I expect we will sign somebody soon and be one over again.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                              This kid likely knew early into the season that he would not be playing and likely transferring. He was still a big cheerleader on the bench from what I could tell. Says something positive about his makeup. If he redshirted he would only have one year of eligibility remaining after a transfer year, correct? Maybe DII would make sense if he wanted to play two years. Otherwise he would be a huge upgrade for many of our Valley foes and a solid contributor for any number of DI programs. Wherever he goes I hope they have good trainers and an ample supply of ice for the practice damage he does.

Godspeed, Eric Hamilton. We hardly knew ye.

Edit: I see above he "Sunrised" and didn't redshirt.
                              He hasn't redshirted yet so he can use it on the transfer year and still have two left.
                              Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Working...
                              X