Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Browsing Facebook...

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Browsing Facebook...

    ...a while ago and came upon Wendell Preadom's Facebook. ]Private information removed by staff.]

  • #2
    Okay, I know I'm gonna get flamed for saying this because people will say Facebook is a public forum, if people don't want info getting out there they shouldn't post it, etc. But I personally don't think stuff from Facebook posts should be showing up on ShockerNet. I once checked out Facebook, I looked at some of the players' pages, and found out way too much about their lives. Things I didn't want to know, even as a fan. I could have posted worse things that I read on players' Facebook pages on ShockerNet, but I would never do that. People post things on Facebook without really thinking about it. For the younger generation, they post things on Facebook that people used to only say in private conversations. Those conversations usually never got around because only those in the conversation or those eavesdropping could hear. Now everyone is an eavesdropper and I personally don't think it's a good thing.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by WuShockFan
      Okay, I know I'm gonna get flamed for saying this because people will say Facebook is a public forum, if people don't want info getting out there they shouldn't post it, etc. But I personally don't think stuff from Facebook posts should be showing up on ShockerNet. I once checked out Facebook, I looked at some of the players' pages, and found out way too much about their lives. Things I didn't want to know, even as a fan. I could have posted worse things that I read on players' Facebook pages on ShockerNet, but I would never do that. People post things on Facebook without really thinking about it. For the younger generation, they post things on Facebook that people used to only say in private conversations. Those conversations usually never got around because only those in the conversation or those eavesdropping could hear. Now everyone is an eavesdropper and I personally don't think it's a good thing.
      Couldn't agree more... Excellent post!!!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by WuShockFan
        Okay, I know I'm gonna get flamed for saying this because people will say Facebook is a public forum, if people don't want info getting out there they shouldn't post it, etc. But I personally don't think stuff from Facebook posts should be showing up on ShockerNet. I once checked out Facebook, I looked at some of the players' pages, and found out way too much about their lives. Things I didn't want to know, even as a fan. I could have posted worse things that I read on players' Facebook pages on ShockerNet, but I would never do that. People post things on Facebook without really thinking about it. For the younger generation, they post things on Facebook that people used to only say in private conversations. Those conversations usually never got around because only those in the conversation or those eavesdropping could hear. Now everyone is an eavesdropper and I personally don't think it's a good thing.
        Wendell is nearly 22, smart and close to graduating college. He's not an immature Junior High student that you need to look after. He knows if he puts stuff on Facebook people will read it and I'm sure he put this on his page because he feels strongly about it. If you didn't want to learn about players lives, why in the world did you seek them out and become "friends" with them on facebook? You got it right, facebook is a public forum and since Wendell obviously accepts all friends, he should have known the things he types on his page are then public record and may pop up on a message board somewhere since he is a D-1 basketball player.
        "You can observe a lot just by watching."
        -- Yogi Berra

        Comment


        • #5
          We've addressed this before.

          My position is that if they are going to put something on their Facebook/Myspace/Etc, it is accessible to the public, and it is directly related to their status as a WSU basketball player, it's fair game.

          Now, if you have to be added as a friend to access the information, it should be considered private. In this case, when I searched for his Facebook, that information is not visible. Therefore, it should be considered private. So I will be removing the info from this topic.

          Comment


          • #6
            so since the info is not visible to the public we have no confirmation that it ever really existed on his page...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BioShock
              so since the info is not visible to the public we have no confirmation that it ever really existed on his page...
              Just add him as a friend if you want to see if it's still there. I'm sure he'll add you. He has over 850 friends.
              "You can observe a lot just by watching."
              -- Yogi Berra

              Comment


              • #8
                This is dumb. I simply stated his status from Facebook. Why is this such a huge deal?...

                Just because you're not his "friend" on Facebook doesn't mean it's private. People say stuff all the time and just because you didn't actually hear them say it doesn't mean he/she said it in private.

                Comment


                • #9
                  anybody see the message Ramon sent Gal lol
                  Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by DPruett2333
                    This is dumb. I simply stated his status from Facebook. Why is this such a huge deal?...

                    Just because you're not his "friend" on Facebook doesn't mean it's private. People say stuff all the time and just because you didn't actually hear them say it doesn't mean he/she said it in private.
                    First, check your PM.

                    Second, this is not dumb. It is a big deal and here's why. A player might put something on their Facebook (or any other networking site where information can be hidden) that they only want those he has given access to see. It is not your right (or ours) to decide that because he approves of everyone who asks, you can make the information on his private site public.

                    Like I said in a previous post, if you are not a "friend" and you search for him on Facebook, the result does not include his "status" message. Therefore, it is considered private and should remain that way.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by newshock1234
                      anybody see the message Ramon sent Gal lol
                      No, I don't go around trying to be internet buddies with the men's basketball players. Maybe a few of the womens athletes... but that's for another thread. 8) :sarcasm:
                      "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                      -- Yogi Berra

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Wendell appartently reads shockernet. Whats up Wendell!
                        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by newshock1234
                          anybody see the message Ramon sent Gal lol
                          Ramon would just scare the crap out of any pg at the 1.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Hotel Paper
                            Originally posted by newshock1234
                            anybody see the message Ramon sent Gal lol
                            Ramon would just scare the crap out of any pg at the 1.
                            no kidding
                            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              The updated status (and no i'm not his friend on facebook)

                              "Wendell is just joking wichita u kno i love yall lol- Big ups to shockernet! lol."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X