No announcement yet.

Final coaches show of the season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He sounded to me like someone completely focused on Wichita state. Just did not sound like anyone remotely looking for a different job. Talks quite a bit about how to deal with losing 7 players at the end of next year, balancing classes, etc. also talked a lot about the program we have and how former players are coming back to visit the family even though they don't live here. Pretty upbeat show.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
      Spoke of Kenpom. Mentioned how the entire sweet 16 is made up of top 30 Kenpom.

Said 3 highest Kenpom not to make sweet 16 is Villanova, Duke and WSU
      But of course we draw Kentucky. Anybody else think we might've faired better against South Carolina or Wisconsin?
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by grudkin View Post
        Anything notable? Not able to get it OTA in OK. Keyn.com stream just playing those sweet classic hits, but no radio show. =(
        The Coach's Show would have been on knssradio.com. I'm trying to find the replay, but KNSS redid their web page and I can't find it any longer. Does someone have a link? I'll keep looking and post the link if I find it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
          The Coach's Show would have been on knssradio.com. I'm trying to find the replay, but KNSS redid their web page and I can't find it any longer. Does someone have a link? I'll keep looking and post the link if I find it.
          Yeah, had a brain fart. But got to listen to some sweet KC & the Sunshine Band and Bee Gees.

Comment

Gregg Marshall Show Replay

Find your favorite KNSS Radio podcast and listen on any device for free on the Audacy app. Browse our huge collection of news podcasts or let us find you one.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
              This, intermittently not synced ip woth the breaks in the show.
              Mine did this too, but I shut it down and restarted a couple times and then it was good the rest of the broadcast
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by MadDog View Post
                He sounded to me like someone completely focused on Wichita state. Just did not sound like anyone remotely looking for a different job. Talks quite a bit about how to deal with losing 7 players at the end of next year, balancing classes, etc. also talked a lot about the program we have and how former players are coming back to visit the family even though they don't live here. Pretty upbeat show.
                That is what building a legacy can offer vs. job hopping

Comment

I typically get it via podcast by using this URL for the feed. Will download all KNSS sports broadcasts, including Butler County however. http://media.knssradio.com/urss?pageid=577493

Comment

Originally posted by kellykemnitz View Post
                    I typically get it via podcast by using this URL for the feed. Will download all KNSS sports broadcasts, including Butler County however. http://media.knssradio.com/urss?pageid=577493
                    They must have changed their feed, or they have not updated it. The last thing on that feed is the game against N. Colorado. I am sure they will straighten it out shortly. It sure is nice for us out of towners! :)

Comment

duplicated

Comment

One other thing discussed in the last half hour was the impending graduation of 7 guys at the same time. Said it was "less than ideal." Said that if a Senior would get injured, for example half the season, he might chose to redshirt the season rather than just play a half year; responded that it might not be 7, could be just 6, or even 5, that would graduate together. Replacing all those guys would possibly entail a combination of HS kids, juco players, 5-year Seniors, or traditional transfers.

Comment

Surely we can find someone who is willing to pay their own way to be a part of a 40-0 national championship team.

Comment

In 2 years our lineup looks like this:
                            PG-Landry
                            SG-Reaves
                            SF-CJ
                            PF-Markis
                            C-Asbjorn
                            Bench-Sam
                            I did not mention EH because I just don't think he is a part of the plan going forward. This means '18 recruiting class needs 2-3 ready to go big men at minimum.

Comment

Here's a scary thought. What if Landry leaves for the NBA after next year, then we are looking at needing 8 new players.
                              Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                                Here's a scary thought. What if Landry leaves for the NBA after next year, then we are looking at needing 8 new players.
                                We are feeding players to the NBA on a consistent basis. We will get great players. I'm not concerned.
                                Professional gas passer.

Comment

Working...
                                X