Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shocks02
    replied
    Landry did us a favor by declaring now instead of in May when most fringe 1st rounders will declare. Should really help with recruiting before the signing period.
    Last edited by shocks02; March 29, 2018, 01:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied
    Taylor Eldridge@tayloreldridge 42m42 minutes ago More
    • Copy link to Tweet
    • Embed Tweet

Landry Shamet indicated he would sign with an agent, which would end his collegiate career at Wichita State. He's poised to be the 4th Shocker in the NBA in the last 5 years.

Last edited by pinstripers; March 29, 2018, 01:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cdizzle
    commented on 's reply
    Everyone who is still in the draft on draft day has no leverage, so I'm not sure that part really matters.

• ShockTalk
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    Ouch for us, good for him. He must be sure, or getting told he’s surely going in the first round.

I personally don’t think he’s ready but his potential is high.

Good luck Landry and thanks for everything.
    Agree with your post, Fev, except " Ouch for us, hoping it's good for him"

No sour grapes here and I'm about as far away from judging NBA talent as one could get, but, I too didn't think he was ready. He has a good head on his shoulders and that might be the difference.

I'm wondering, if he signs with an agent now, could that hurt his positioning in the draft or help. They'll know he has to leave college, so there's no leverage there. Even if he doesn't sign with an agent, his comments are pretty much to the point that he's gone.

Can HCGM afford to hold out a spot for him if he doesn't sign with an agent now, based on his statement? My guess is Marshall is one of a very few who knows for sure what LS is doing or not.

Leave a comment:

• ArtVandalay
    replied
    Wish him the best of luck and probably most important, the best of health. Hope he gets a full summer to work and get better, but also to get stronger. I enjoy watching and cheering WSU players in the NBA and hope to watch him for the next 10 years.

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    commented on 's reply
    SMDH

• Cdizzle
    replied
    Best of luck to Mr. Shamet.

Next season could be a lot of fun as a fan for a different set of reasons than we have had for the past 5+. Watching a good coach take a whole bunch of well-rated new players and see how much progress they can make. Rather exciting, really.

Leave a comment:

• AndShock
    replied
    Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
    IMO this really bumps us way up in the eyes of potential recruits. Looking at you Mr. Akinjo.
    Depends on the recruit. Landry has always said a huge reason he came to WSU was to play with and learn from FVV and Baker for a year.

Leave a comment:

• 1979Shocker
    commented on 's reply
    It can also make SHJ want to stay now if he had any thoughts about transferring.

• WSUwatcher
    commented on 's reply
    3G should be up to the task. It'll be good to see the fresh faces and attitudes. Sometimes teams with a lot of returnees can get a little stale -- we've seen it in college football, we used to see it occasionally with Shocker baseball in the good old days, and we may have seen it in the basketball team's inability ever really to show a sense of Play Angry urgency last year. They were able to talk about it, just not do it.

Having said that, it would certainly be nice for Landry to be one of the returnees next year -- but if he isn't, that just leaves more minutes and a lead role for someone else. Go get 'em, Landry, and go get 'em, 3G and staff.

• pinstripers
    commented on 's reply
    sign w an agent

• BostonWu
    replied
    Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
    IMO this really bumps us way up in the eyes of potential recruits. Looking at you Mr. Akinjo.
    Yeah can all but guarantee a starting spot from day 1

Leave a comment:

• BostonWu
    replied
    Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    yes he did
    said what?

Leave a comment:

• Shocktoberfest
    replied

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied
    yes he did

Leave a comment:

Working...
X