• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Axe
    commented on 's reply
    Thompson listed at 6'6" 200 in college

• Sam Axe
    commented on 's reply
    I agree with Dan. Klay Thompson is the comparison I've been thinking about for weeks. And you can't compare the current KT to the current LS. Go back and see how Thompson looked in college, and then watch Landry's tape. A lot of similarities.

• Dan
    commented on 's reply
    Klay was not the same player when he was drafted as he is now. I think Landry has the potential to evolve in a similar way (ie., he's gonna be a 2 guard). Here's KT's pre-draft notes:

Strengths: One of the top pure shooters on the college level ... Prolific outside shooter with a defined role for the NBA level ... Right hander who at 6'6 with long arms has good size for the NBA 2-guard position ... Shows an excellent feel having been around the game his entire life. Understands his limitations and plays within his game well ... Plays well off the ball. Stays active. Works hard to create scoring opportunities. Understands how to create shots for himself off the ball coming off screens ... Very good spot up shooter ... Comfortable handling the ball and can use the dribble to create shots ... Can use his left hand effectively ... Shows an advanced in between game with tear drops and the use of the glass ... Effectively uses pump fakes to draw defenders off balance ... Has perfect form on his shot and deep range. Squares to the basket. Quick, concise, fluid stroke with a high release ... Gets his shot off quickly and can do so without needing much space ... Exhibits prudent shot selection ... Large wingspan allows him to play more athletic than he appears. Can dunk on his defenders if he catches opponents napping ... Solid decision maker with a positive a/to ratio ... 1.6 steals per game as a senior showed his progression as a defender / anticipation ... Extremely level headed, doesn't show a great deal of emotion or get rattled easily ...

Weaknesses: An average athlete who plays below the rim ... He's a "momentum athlete" in the sense that he shows solid athleticism when he has momentum moving towards the rim ... Much better in the half court than in the open floor. His lack of elite athleticism gets exposed in the transition game ... Lacks great foot speed which inhibits his ability to take the ball off the dribble against quick defenders ... Recevied a one game suspension due to a marijuana possession charge, but scouts don't seem too concerned about that therefore it hasn't affected his stock much ... Long, athletic defenders can give him trouble ...

• pinstripers
    replied
    Jeff *******Verified account@GoodmanESPN 4h4 hours ago More
    • Copy link to Tweet
    • Embed Tweet

Jeff ******* Retweeted Rob Dauster
    It used to be that kids only left if they were gonna be lottery picks. Then it was if they were first-rounders. It’s changed with teams giving guaranteed money to majority of second-rounders.

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    commented on 's reply
    Klay’s also 6’7 and built a little thicker but there’s never a perfect comparison. Can Landry guard anyone? I think that will be a main factor that determines his success at the next level.

• Horn28Clem30
    commented on 's reply
    Klay Thompson? Let's not get crazy. Klay's one of the top 2 or 3 shooters in the league and one of the best perimeter defenders.

• Dan
    commented on 's reply
    Klay Thompson

• Shocktoberfest
    replied
    The league has become so perimeter oriented it's a good time for a guy like Landry to be breaking in. Dude can shoot. I still think he's underrated in that regard. Not sure about how the rest of his game stacks up at the NBA level. But he just looks like an NBA perimeter threat. Maybe a shorter Korver.

Leave a comment:

• ABC
    replied
    Yes, my son said he heard Fox on a podcast saying he was working out with Shamet and that Shamet "can make shots from anywhere"

Leave a comment:

• Jhook89
    commented on 's reply
    Teams occasionally will guarantee a draft pick they will take them if they stop talking to other teams.

• AZ Shocker
    replied
    LS will be getting a better "deal" than FVV and RB come draft time.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Is that dearon fox in the video with landry. Looked like him.

Leave a comment:

• shoxtop
    commented on 's reply
    I must be missing something. I don’t understand this logic at all
    The more teams... the less likely... protecting him from teams that have high interest... ?!?!

• Dan
    commented on 's reply
    He’s right about Fred. Not sure about Landry.

• jocoshock
    replied
    Spoke to someone tonight who has some peripheral contact with NBA Scouts. he asked me if I thought Landry would go in the first round. I said probably not. He thinks Landry will go in the first round but said watch closely the number of teams that he works out for. The fewer teams he works out for, the more likely he will go in the first round as his agent might be protecting him for teams that have high interest. It will be interesting to see what really happens.

He also said that he thinks the Raptors will not pony up to pay Fred what he deserves to avoid the Luxury tax, but thinks Fred deserves a big check and will get it from someone.

All speculation. Nothing more....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X