No announcement yet.

The 2017 Shocker Melt Down Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I blame it on KungWU. Picking coaching over the Shocks. Threw off the whole karma.

Comment

Not hanging my head.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
        Man, what a game and what a year. A few players work on a few things this off-season and we will be damn good.
        I'll elaborate.

1) ZB needs to catch the ball on balance and shot fake/jab step to get defender to close in or go off balance.

2) I think Rashard can run the break for us. I know that's not a popular opinion, but I think he can. When he does he needs to work on jump stopping at the end of his drives.

3) Conner needs to work on closing the gap between him and the defender when he catches from 30 feet out. Dribble in o 25 feet out, cause defender to close in, and then blow by/cross over.

4) Morris can be an AA next year. Seriously. Needs to be on the floor 28-32 minutes a game during big games.

5) Reeves should watch tape of himself and realize how fast he was going. Take a deep breath and then slow down. Has so much potential.

6) I'm a big Rauno Nurger fan. He needs to continue to be in the right spots.
        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

I'll elaborate.

1) ZB needs to catch the ball on balance and shot fake/jab step to get defender to close in or go off balance.
          It's called the "triple threat" position/stance. First taught in the 8th grade.

Comment

Lots of things to work on in the offseason, but we will be back better and stronger next year. This tournament exposed some of our guys in ways that the Valley doesn't. Shamet and Morris are the cornerstones moving forward. No question these are the 2 best players on our team.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
              It's called the "triple threat" position/stance. First taught in the 8th grade.
              Definitely, so frustrating to see him not do it consistently.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

The goaltending non call ended up being pretty big. UK getting a foul call on ever drive the last 5 minutes was big. I feel like we got shafted a bit.

Having said that we ran some pretty awful offense at times today and UK played decent defense so the blame must fall on us as well.

31-5 is very special considering how much we lost last year and i'm looking forward to next season.
                Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

2) I think Rashard can run the break for us. I know that's not a popular opinion, but I think he can. When he does he needs to work on jump stopping at the end of his drives.
                  I don't think that is (or at least it shouldn't be) an unpopular opinion. HCGM obviously trusts him with the ball more than maybe anyone that isn't Shamet or CF (possibly Daishon, too).

Comment

I know this is obvious to a lot of people and it isn't anything new but it still amazes me. I went to Dillons after the game, absolutely packed with people wearing WSU stuff. This city has absolutely embraced this team and I love it.

Comment

Disappointing, but certainly no meltdown. This was a very good season, just as I had expected it to be!

Comment

I have one disappointment only... As the Valley champs I feel we should have been placed in the Midwest region... I wanted the Chickens!!! Other than that, at this point everyone has a tough opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                          Goal. Tend.
                          And 3 free throws for McDuffie and we're moving on.
                          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

A very good season, not a very good final game but still couple bounces from a 32 win Sweet 16 season in a down year.

I think everyone coming back and adding another quality guard and a mountain will set the stage for a truly terrific run. I think we will have three of the best players in the country next year in Shaq, Landry, and Markis and if everyone else improves as much as they did this year the sky is the limit. I think going up against size in practice will really help prepare us, as our single biggest flaw this year was that we hit a wall against a certain size of center.

Sucks to go out on a couple bad possessions after a couple bad offensive halfs, but no shame in battling back and making it a game through injury. I think UK was the worst matchup for us out of the 1-2 seeds but no matter who you face you need to make shots and stay composed (and get a little lucky). We missed 16 threes and still had a shot for overtime without a timeout and showed UK the toughest defense they'll face all year.

Comment

2006 was a S16 year. we lost (basically) only Miller - he went Euro, and the Shox dropped to a mid-tier Valley team.

2016 was a round of 32 year (that went 2-1 in the tourney). Lost 2 NBA players. Won the Valley. Underseeded and got an early tourney opponent with a name that referees see on their shirts. went 31-5.

It is incredibly hard to lose what the Shox lost at the end of last year and not have a complete rebuild.

Predictions for next year:

1) I'm going with just one trfr out.
                              2) Morris gets NBA looks, maybe not a contract (even D-League) but they'll be looking.
                              3) Shamet gets some pre-season AA mentions.
                              4) The polayers will miss Simon and Bush for a lot of reasons.
                              5) I think we will still be in the Valley, which will be unfortunate for the Shox and for the Valley.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

This program is going to continue to chase excellence with HCGM at the helm. He's a stone cold winner and one of the best coaches in the country. Shocker power players should do everything to keep him in Wichita until he retires. Period.

I will smile the day Marshall grabs an insane one and done player and puts him on a team like the one we will have next year.

WSU needs to get out of the Valley into the AAC to bring the in season program into people's minds. You just can't make the average basketball fan and (apparently) the committee realize what WSU can do when they are trekking through Iowa and Illinois each winter.

Another magnificent season. Very proud but also disappointed. WSU has a coach who can win the National Title. I want to see that.
                                Last edited by top20shock; March 19, 2017, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X