The 2017 Shocker Melt Down Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2017 Shocker Melt Down Thread

If you don't know that I'm trolling with that title by now, you aren't paying attention. There is absolutely nothing to melt down over. Yeah, it sucks we came up short against Kentucky AGAIN but the season was way more than just that one game.

31-5 on a rebuilding year? That ain't bad at all. "Another" Valley title is nothing to take for granted. Plus only our second ever tourney title in St Louis? Come on! That's something to cherish. And finally, let's not forget that we picked up yet another NCAA tourney win this year. 34 teams who made the tourney didn't even do that.

So Melt Down if you want. But the truth it these guys will be back next year to kick ass and take names once again. In Marshall we trust, Shock on!

We just had too many little brain farts today.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

No need to melt down. We finished about where we should have. Next year however watch out!!!

Comment

Goal. Tend.

Comment

We gave it our all from start to finish. Great Season Shocks!!!!!!!!!!!
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Man, what a game and what a year. A few players work on a few things this off-season and we will be damn good.
            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

No melt down here.

Good season.

Go Shocks!
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                We just had too many little brain farts today.
                Goaltend miss, a couple of atomic bombs late, a hobbled sniper down, etc.

I honestly think we lost this more than UK won it.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I really want to bump the Fire Marshal thread but I won't

Comment

Hell yes this was a damn good season. This same team is coming back and we have a pretty good chance of being in a different conference. Despite this loss, everything is coming up roses for Shockernation.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      Goaltend miss, a couple of atomic bombs late, a hobbled sniper down, etc.

I honestly think we lost this more than UK won it.
                      Hate to say it, cause I know the players feel it and know it too, but I would agree. We gave the game away in a few stretches.
                      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

I think way back to the Canada trip. Man, we grew leaps and bounds since then!!!!!!!
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

This is what the tourney is made up of. A couple things here and there. Lucky bounce here and there. That is why it is a great and exciting tournament.

Better to get a chance to be part of it then not
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                            I think way back to the Canada trip. Man, we grew leaps and bounds since then!!!!!!!
                            I laugh every time I think about it. This team has advanced light years since then!

Comment

No melting here. Proud of our guys. They showed they could stand toe-to-toe and slug it out with Kentucky.

Comment

Working...
                              X