No announcement yet.

Kentucky giving us no respect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This McDonald kid for NKU looks like he should be working at McDonald's but is a solid player.

Comment

8 point game with 1:40 left.. wow
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Their fans should be more concerned with being able to beat Northern Kentucky...

Comment

Despite not losing very many games this year UK won lots of close ones.. Calapari may of burned some recruiting bridges or may even be looking at retiring soon. But even with all that, they are still a team that absolutely cannot be taken lightly.

Comment

Sat next to Kentucky fans when they edged us in St. Louis. They
            were very classy and respectful of our program. Hope Sunday's
            game is as good as the last one with a better outcome.

Comment

Our buddy Henry is posting this thread over on the UK message board...FYI

Edit: He's posting all sorts of things to try and get things started between the boards.... good grief

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                Fitness absolutely will NOT be an issue come Sunday.
                Happy that Kentucky is playing later than us. I thought they would get to rest their starters all second half, but Northern Kentucky is giving them a tougher game than anticipated.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                  I can't really think of a better game to get ourselves prepared for. Dayton gave everything and I was super impressed with their insane defense. Kentucky will take us waaaaaay more seriously than they did against their opponent tonight so obviously they will be well prepared for us.

I'm definitely showing my age here but I really feel we may have tired bodies come game time Sunday. Tonights game was a war. I know...I know they're young college kids and can bounce back in no time...but somebody please tell me we will be 100% rejuvenated by Sunday game time!!!!

If we are...I really like our chances against a non-senior led team in Kentucky.
                  These guys had close to two weeks off. If anything they are just getting there energy back. Plus this will have more rest time than Kentucky.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                    For the record, he did say this year's tournament was the best seeded tournament in the last 8 years.

Yes, and I suspect his true feelings will come out after our game.

Comment

Originally posted by wushock27 View Post
                      Our buddy Henry is posting this thread over on the UK message board...FYI

Edit: He's posting all sorts of things to try and get things started between the boards.... good grief
                      Seems like the ban hammer finally might need to fall on his head over here. He's been a fairly provocative poster on SN over the years. He's about 75% "you're cool" and 25% "GTFO".

Comment

They may beat us on Sunday or they may not. One thing is for certain, they are not a championship caliber team this year.

Comment

Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                          These guys had close to two weeks off. If anything they are just getting there energy back. Plus this will have more rest time than Kentucky.
                          Makes sense. I like it!
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I'm sure their Wal-Mart internet fans are insufferable, but fwiw, their fans in Indy have been great. Fun people.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                              I haven't been impressed with them tonight. I think WSU and Dayton could both beat them
                              I remember watching Louisville play Old Dominion and was not impressed.

The next day I was very impressed.

Comment

I think that he meant that last night we could have beat them. There is no doubt that Kentucky will be among the best teams we've played this year and we lost to those early in November. However, maybe Kentucky's style of play and defense will be more compatible with our style of play and offense. In the Missouri Valley, teams (ISUR and MSU) were better served by playing us a zone because we obliterated their M/M defenses and they got into foul trouble quickly.

Against Oklahoma State, they played more of a helter skelter, high pressure M/M similar to what we played against last night. We couldn't set up and run our inside/out offense. Instead, we had to break the pressure by driving. Therefore, our offense didn't look pretty but we got it done. I'm not sure what Kentucky will do to disrupt us but I would expect it to be more of a M/M again. Last night, it didn't appear that they apply the pressure that Dayton did but they may play us differently. I'm not sure from one game what their strengths are defensively.

Comment

Working...
                                X