No announcement yet.

Kentucky giving us no respect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kentuk fans can say what they want. Shocks got what they needed tonight to knock the rust off; a tough grind it out game against a hard nosed team that played GREAT defense. Now the Shocks are ready. And Kentuk ain't playin defense even close to what Dayton played.
    "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
      I hope that stupid sonofabitch from a few years ago comes over to tell us how much money he makes. Remember him?
      Well, if we have to compare tax returns with the UK fans, I will be no help, because I don't have 2016 done yet.

Comment

Last time we played we couldn't match up with their 6'6" guards (Harrisons's and James Young). We can D those type of players now, which is what Kentucky has again. We're now equipped to guard them. Just maybe not in the post, but we challenge on the boards anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
          If tonight's game was the only game of ours they have watched, I can't blame them. We didn't shoot well, didn't back door, didn't post up. But we won. It wasn't pretty. We must bring our "A" game to beat Kentucky.
          I don't think we played poorly. Fred used to say that games with good defenses were "mucked up" games where the toughest team wins. They become half court games where all baskets are earned and few easy. That was our game tonight. UK fans are spoiled and don't know good defensive basketball.

Comment

Watching some of the UK game and noticed when Fox drives the paint he holds the ball like a football player (honestly just like Tiki Barber) as he barrels through; reminds me of the Harrison twins when they did the same thing. Makes me cringe every time.

Comment

I wish Coach Cal and the players disregarded the Shocks, but Cal respects the Shocks and Gregg Marshall. No matter what happens after the game, he'll have very good things to say about the program.

That said, I seriously want REVENGE.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                Well, if we have to compare tax returns with the UK fans, I will be no help, because I don't have 2016 done yet.
                If we had Shocker Mama's money, we could throw ours away, no?
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Playing the cats is going to be very tough. We will need them to miss some shots and make some errors to win. We will compete very well no doubt but it will be a grind game. Conner will have a tough time getting shots and we will need offensive production from other sources. Similar to today's game

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                    If we had Shocker Mama's money, we could throw ours away, no?
                    Haha!

Comment

Originally posted by Root Angry View Post
                      I wish Coach Cal and the players disregarded the Shocks, but Cal respects the Shocks and Gregg Marshall. No matter what happens after the game, he'll have very good things to say about the program.

That said, I seriously want REVENGE.
                      For the record, he did say this year's tournament was the best seeded tournament in the last 8 years.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I can't really think of a better game to get ourselves prepared for. Dayton gave everything and I was super impressed with their insane defense. Kentucky will take us waaaaaay more seriously than they did against their opponent tonight so obviously they will be well prepared for us.

I'm definitely showing my age here but I really feel we may have tired bodies come game time Sunday. Tonights game was a war. I know...I know they're young college kids and can bounce back in no time...but somebody please tell me we will be 100% rejuvenated by Sunday game time!!!!

If we are...I really like our chances against a non-senior led team in Kentucky.
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                          I can't really think of a better game to get ourselves prepared for. Dayton gave everything and I was super impressed with their insane defense. Kentucky will take us waaaaaay more seriously than they did against their opponent tonight so obviously they will be well prepared for us.

I'm definitely showing my age here but I really feel we may have tired bodies come game time Sunday. Tonights game was a war. I know...I know they're young college kids and can bounce back in no time...but somebody please tell me we will be 100% rejuvenated by Sunday game time!!!!

If we are...I really like our chances against a non-senior led team in Kentucky.
                          Fitness absolutely will NOT be an issue come Sunday.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

We are dealing with KU's evil twin here.. Don't expect much from their fans. haha. We want a revenge on a evil twin in this situation.

Comment

I haven't been impressed with them tonight. I think WSU and Dayton could both beat them

Comment

I agree, Im not impressed either.

Unfortunately, this game will probably be a wake-up call for them.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X