No announcement yet.

Congrats Shockers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not only was this a NCAA "weed-out" game (to get rid of non P5's)...but dyamn like I mentioned earlier...whoever won this game may not have a full tank of gas for Sunday's game. On that note however...Kenny (CBS) just made a great point about how when he was on a 1 seed team...his team would be shocked in the second round due to a much better team going against a #1 seed. Simply because their first game was so easy going against a #16 team in the first round.

So Kentucky will win easy tonight and be well rested. We will not after this game. BUT...perhaps that "shock" will be in our favor!
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
      Not only was this a NCAA "weed-out" game (to get rid of non P5's)...but dyamn like I mentioned earlier...whoever won this game may not have a full tank of gas for Sunday's game. On that note however...Kenny (CBS) just made a great point about how when he was on a 1 seed team...his team would be shocked in the second round due to a much better team going against a #1 seed. Simply because their first game was so easy going against a #16 team in the first round.

So Kentucky will win easy tonight and be well rested. We will not after this game. BUT...perhaps that "shock" will be in our favor!
      It's all about The Shock!!! Not so much do we need revenge but I reckon it is the reckoning to be executed by the Shocks. Bake, Cle, Cotton, and 'Freddie Smooth' would be sooooo proud of us even more than they already are
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Why in the world have the Shocks and the Flyers not played each other for 50+ years? That just does not compute. Let's make up for that over the next 50 years.

Comment

If Dayton was going against anyone else I would have picked them and wanted them to win. Hell of a game against a great opponent.

Comment

Chalk that up as an annual road loss in the AAC. Can't get out of MVC fast enough
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Working...
            X