No announcement yet.

What I want to know is, has anyone actually talked directly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RDR, all I'm saying is that we need to be extremely careful and not violate any NCAA rules. If paying an "Expedite Fee" by the gaining university falls into the realm of acceptability, then fine. But if not, there is no way we should get ourselves involved in the political or individual briberies of a third world country that could bite us the butt for a decade or more.

And, how sure is anyone, with the scant info we have on OE, that this kid is worth jeopardizing our entire basketball program for?

Besides, if we are caught violating an NCAA no-no, is there anyone out there who really believes that Wichita State University is actually in the "Good Ol' Boy" network and that we would simply receive a playful slap on the wrist or a gentle pat on our behind?

No, my friend, it's going to be the woodshed and the 2,000 pound gorilla!

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock
      RDR, all I'm saying is that we need to be extremely careful and not violate any NCAA rules. If paying an "Expedite Fee" by the gaining university falls into the realm of acceptability, then fine. But if not, there is no way we should get ourselves involved in the political or individual briberies of a third world country that could bite us the butt for a decade or more.

And, how sure is anyone, with the scant info we have on OE, that this kid is worth jeopardizing our entire basketball program for?

Besides, if we are caught violating an NCAA no-no, is there anyone out there who really believes that Wichita State University is actually in the "Good Ol' Boy" network and that we would simply receive a playful slap on the wrist or a gentle pat on our behind?

No, my friend, it's going to be the woodshed and the 2,000 pound gorilla!
      Anyone who's had any experience in smaller third world countries could most likely attest that bribes are often the way things are done. Be it just traveling through border security from one country to another, or expediting government paperwork to attend college overseas.

Not saying it's right or wrong, but it's a fact of life in some places.

I agree that WSU shouldn't be involved in any of that, especially for a recruit with as many question marks as Orupke (if what we know is all there is to be known). Common and legal over there, most-likely illegal to the NCAA.
      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

I wonder if other teams have these same amount of problems?

Comment

I dont know maybe its just me and probably a crazy idea...but has anyone called Chuck Norris? 3
          1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
            E. Chike Anyanwu

I know this name from somewhere I cannot figure where from.

Anyways Everybody's situation is different.
            For instance Orupke and his family might be very poor so they cant afford to "sway" the goverment

Frank Ben-Eze's parents might have been more well to do and could "sway" the goverment to letting him leave.

Charles Okwandu according to the report was supposed to be a pretty nice recruit. However he has changed his "commitment" 3-4 times and is supposedly in the country now playing ball at some low lever junior college.

If Orupke can get here fine. But until then I say we need not worry about it as some seem to on here do.
            Okwandu has signed to play with UCONN.

Comment

If I’m Sexton, Marshall and/or Okon I’m touching base with every American D1 university that has a Nigerian player on its roster to find out what the secret handshake is. If I’m them I want to know how UCONN gotrdone.

Comment

Okwandu wound up at UCONN only after:

1. Committing to Arizona while in Nigeria.
                2. Visa problems cause him to miss season.
                3. Arizona grows weary of him ever getting out of Nigeria and moves on.
                4. Commits to Seton Hall.
                5. Bobby Gonzalez hired at Seton Hall, and Okwandu doesn't want to play there.
                6. Okwandu gets to US and winds up Harcum CC in Pennsylvania.
                7. He only makes it to play in 12 games.
                8. Commits to play at UCONN.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                  Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                  E. Chike Anyanwu

I know this name from somewhere I cannot figure where from.

Anyways Everybody's situation is different.
                  For instance Orupke and his family might be very poor so they cant afford to "sway" the goverment

Frank Ben-Eze's parents might have been more well to do and could "sway" the goverment to letting him leave.

Charles Okwandu according to the report was supposed to be a pretty nice recruit. However he has changed his "commitment" 3-4 times and is supposedly in the country now playing ball at some low lever junior college.

If Orupke can get here fine. But until then I say we need not worry about it as some seem to on here do.
                  Okwandu has signed to play with UCONN.
                  Thats cool.

He also signed with Arizona and Seton Hall.

I know that sounds Assholish of me I apologize but again until these players actually show up then im good.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                    Okwandu wound up at UCONN only after:

1. Committing to Arizona while in Nigeria.
                    2. Visa problems cause him to miss season.
                    3. Arizona grows weary of him ever getting out of Nigeria and moves on.
                    4. Commits to Seton Hall.
                    5. Bobby Gonzalez hired at Seton Hall, and Okwandu doesn't want to play there.
                    6. Okwandu gets to US and winds up Harcum CC in Pennsylvania.
                    7. He only makes it to play in 12 games.
                    8. Commits to play at UCONN.
                    Your posts always contain useful information.

Thanks.

Comment

The problem with Orupke is that a bureaucrat can deny your visa on a whim, even if your paperwork is in order.

Seems to me that someone should get on a plane and...

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker
                        The problem with Orupke is that a bureaucrat can deny your visa on a whim, even if your paperwork is in order.

I agree... if EO is anywhere near the player we've all made him out to be, I'd send the Dobo (no, not Dofo) and new AD Eric Sexton immediately to Logo's and make the final pitch (grease the wheel within NCAA guidelines) to those crooked bastards.

:good:
                        SFL is back!

Comment

Well, I'm not sure I would send the new AD, but maybe...uh...well...never mind...

;-)

Comment

Originally posted by SFL

I agree... if EO is anywhere near the player we've all made him out to be, I'd send the Dobo (no, not Dofo) and new AD Eric Sexton immediately to Logo's and make the final pitch (grease the wheel within NCAA guidelines) to those crooked bastards.

Logo's? Is that a new sports bar or something?

I think the name you're looking for is Lagos.

:D

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                              Originally posted by SFL

I was picturing a city made from colorful blocks and very stiff people wandering around.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                                Originally posted by RoyalShock
                                Originally posted by SFL

I was picturing a city made from colorful blocks and very stiff people wandering around.

oops! :yahoo:

Lagos, Lagos.....
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X