Other NCAA Tourney Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
    By the "logic" of our former Kentucky guests, this was a beatdown. Didn't matter whether it was 2 or 50. Kentucky just didn't belong on the same court as North Carolina.
    and like Henry said, the officials screwed them out of this game.

Comment

• I'll take North Carolina over Kentucky any day of the week. This has been a great second week of the tournament. Last week was kind of a dud, but this week brought it back. I think I'm finally excited for a Final Four since WSU was in it a few years ago. I can't really say anything bad about any of the 4 teams, I like Gonzaga and South Carolina both, and I'm going for South Carolina all the way, but it'll be good to see one of them make the NC. I wouldn't mind seeing Oregon beat North Carolina just so that we could have a NC of teams that have never or hardly ever been there, but I got a feeling we're looking at UNC vs. Gonzaga on Monday night. Either way, I'll be watching next Saturday! Especially the Gonzaga/S. Carolina game. Man I love March Madness! The only other sporting event that I get this excited about is the NBC World Series.

Comment

• I can't help but think back to meaningless post season games against Stanford and Nevada and feeling completely outclassed athletically. Now we watch Elite 8 games knowing could beat any and all of these teams. Heady stuff.
        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Well guys now I feel your pain. Should been 2 pts on the Bam score they took away we lost by 2 just like how you guys should have had 2 pts on the non goal tend call which affected our game. I thought it was going OT after that Monk shot but *** **** Maye you got to be kidding me. Good season see you guys next year.
          2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams)
          2012 NFFC Online National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams)
          2014 DFWC National Champion $9,250 (288 teams)
          2015 RTS Fantasy Championship 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)

2015 NCAA Bracketology (351 pts more than all 136 at the bracket matrix)

Kentucky Wildcats National Champions 2012 1998 1996 1978 1958 1951 1949 1948
          The Ohio State Buckeyes National Champions 2014 2002 1970 1968 1961 1957 1954 1942

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
            and like Henry said, the officials screwed them out of this game.
            A couple calls went against us big time in the 1st half. Nothing you can do about it. Maye got the and 1 call and the announcers said it should been on the floor. Bam got the basket taken away. I am sure some calls went against UNC too. In the end Kentucky had a chance and couldn't get the stop. Kentucky lost the game not the refs.
            2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams)
            2012 NFFC Online National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams)
            2014 DFWC National Champion $9,250 (288 teams)
            2015 RTS Fantasy Championship 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)

2015 NCAA Bracketology (351 pts more than all 136 at the bracket matrix)

Kentucky Wildcats National Champions 2012 1998 1996 1978 1958 1951 1949 1948
            The Ohio State Buckeyes National Champions 2014 2002 1970 1968 1961 1957 1954 1942

Comment

• Originally posted by thunderkwb View Post
              So glad UK got beat...
              Either way, it'll be a long time before the Chickens catch the Wildcats. That's why they hate 'em!

#ChokingChickens

Comment

• Originally posted by HenryMuto View Post
                A couple calls went against us big time in the 1st half. Nothing you can do about it. Maye got the and 1 call and the announcers said it should been on the floor. Bam got the basket taken away. I am sure some calls went against UNC too. In the end Kentucky had a chance and couldn't get the stop. Kentucky lost the game not the refs.
                At least they learned how to call a goal tending in the last seven days against Kentucky

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                  Either way, it'll be a long time before the Chickens catch the Wildcats. That's why they hate 'em!

#ChokingChickens
                  Mainly because of the whole Lynn Marshall crap and the sh!t that quite a few UK fans put on WSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by HenryMuto View Post
                    Kentucky lost the game not the refs.
                    I wish more fans would take this attitude instead of constantly blaming the officiating for a close loss, or a loss at all. That being said, I will be the first to admit that as a whole, high school and college level, the officiating this season overall has been more atrocious than in recent years. I can take missed calls, because they are part of the game, even the egregious ones that everybody throws a fit about, it's still part of the game and nobody is perfect. However, what bugs me the most is the inconsistency. Still though, it boils down to the teams to adjust.

I'm no Kentucky fan by any stretch, but I think you've posted some good stuff over here. Can't wait to see you back next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by thunderkwb View Post
                      Mainly because of the whole Lynn Marshall crap and the sh!t that quite a few UK fans put on WSU.
                      Mm Hmm.

#ChokingChickens

Comment

• It's amazing what a player can do when finally getting a fair chance at prime time rather than being lost deep down on the bench.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Chicken fans after last nights game:

Comment

• The up-to-date conference records

CONF Record Pct
                            WCC 5 - 1 0.833
                            P12 10 - 3 0.769
                            SEC 11 - 4 0.733
                            B12 9 - 6 0.6
                            B10 8 - 7 0.533
                            ACC 9 - 8 0.529
                            BW 1 - 1 0.5
                            CUSA 1 - 1 0.5
                            MVC 1 - 1 0.5
                            NEC 1 - 1 0.5
                            BE 6 - 7 0.462
                            Amer 1 - 2 0.333
                            A10 1 - 3 0.25
                            AE 0 - 1 0
                            ASun 0 - 1 0
                            BSky 0 - 1 0
                            BSth 0 - 1 0
                            CAA 0 - 1 0
                            Horz 0 - 1 0
                            Ivy 0 - 1 0
                            MAAC 0 - 1 0
                            MAC 0 - 1 0
                            MEAC 0 - 1 0
                            MWC 0 - 1 0
                            OVC 0 - 1 0
                            Pat 0 - 1 0
                            SB 0 - 1 0
                            SC 0 - 1 0
                            Slnd 0 - 1 0
                            Sum 0 - 1 0
                            SWAC 0 - 1 0
                            WAC 0 - 1 0
                            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                            ---------------------------------------
                            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• So there were 6 teams who were ranked in the top 20 for both Offensive and Defensive efficiency:

Gonzaga, Villanova, UK, UNC, WSU, Oregon.

3 made the Final Four.
                              4 made the Elite Eight.
                              Two (UK vs UNC and WSU vs. UK) were pitted against each other in the Region of Death.

The only team of the 6 who underperformed was Villanova, as both UK and WSU were beaten by higher-ranked Kenpom teams.

Seems like there might be some sort of correlation between Kenpom and how the teams should be seeded....

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurley View Post
                                So there were 6 teams who were ranked in the top 20 for both Offensive and Defensive efficiency:

Gonzaga, Villanova, UK, UNC, WSU, Oregon.

3 made the Final Four.
                                4 made the Elite Eight.
                                Two (UK vs UNC and WSU vs. UK) were pitted against each other in the Region of Death.

The only team of the 6 who underperformed was Villanova, as both UK and WSU were beaten by higher-ranked Kenpom teams.

Seems like there might be some sort of correlation between Kenpom and how the teams should be seeded....
                                Correlation, yes. But the argument you're liable to run into here is there is also a correlation between the measure the NCAA is currently using (and not the advanced metrics).

The only way you would know whether result #1 (kenpom) and result #2 (RPI) provide a better correlation would be to do some high-level math on both of them, using exactly the same methodology.

This is for sure above my head as there are multiple variables involved, each component of the calculation would create an equation with multiple variables to solve for.

If it was as simple as apples and oranges, you could look at the standard deviation and do a goodness of fit (correlation coefficient) if you were good at 'simple' math.

Since this might involve multiples of this, I'm thinking scalar math, linear algebra or even calculus would be more in order (just a scientific wild-ass guess, in case there are any mathemeticians lurking out there).

That kind of math is way above my pay grade. I did a statistical analysis for a study I once did and performed a coefficient of correlation to prove my results were accurate. My boss loved it, but it was many years ago.

I'm sure this model would be more complicated. Perhaps Kel could speak to this.

FINAL NOTE:
                                Even if you were to do this, you would have to probably look at multiple years, instead of one year in isolation as well.
                                Last edited by shocka khan; March 27, 2017, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X