Other NCAA Tourney Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
    That happens at the end of every close game, even WSU games.

I guess, "letter of the law" it would probably fell in the rule. The Arkansas player definatley sold it well. The trip was inadvertent, and if that never happened, the call is not made.
    MAYBE, but as (I think Pearl said), tug the jersey, or hack the ball. Don't push him.

Comment

• Good call. :) WPS

Comment

• Fair enough. I concede why I could/should be call. I just feel that it should have been a play on.
        The Assman

Comment

That happens at the end of every close game, even WSU games.

I guess, "letter of the law" it would probably fell in the rule. The Arkansas player definatley sold it well. The trip was inadvertent, and if that never happened, the call is not made.
          He flat out pushed the guy in the back. Before anything else happens, trip or not, that is the definition of an intentional foul. Not even really close.

People are making a huge deal out of this because it was a close game in the final seconds in an NCAA Tournament game. Just a stupid stupid move by the Seton Hall player.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• FWIW, thee is no more "intentional" fouls anymore, only flagerent. All those fouls are intentional at the end of the game, so it really never made sense.
            The Assman

Comment

• Pet peeve that bugs me... There is absolutely no such thing as an intentional foul. None. There are flagrant fouls which follow the definition of flagrant, meaning EXCESSIVE, not intentional. The call here seems rough but totally correct, now part of the reason it looks excessive is the incidental trip, but I'm not sure what exactly want a ref to do there... Pretty clear cut flagrant foul.

Comment

• Originally posted by CharlieHog View Post
                Good call. :) WPS
                🐗🐗🐗

Comment

• All he had to do is push or make contact with one hand and a swipe for the ball with the other. No play on ball was why it was a good call.

Comment

FWIW, thee is no more "intentional" fouls anymore, only flagerent. All those fouls are intentional at the end of the game, so it really never made sense.
                    I know there's no "intentional" fouls. Call it a "flagrant 1". Whatever.

It's all about intent on the ball. Everybody knows fouls at the end of games are intentional, but it's about how you foul that determines the difference between a common foul and an intentional, err flagrant one.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• FWIW, I think any foul away from the ball in the final minute of the game should be a flagrant. I dunno how many times teams foul players without the ball in order to get the clock to remain stopped and to send a crappy free throw shooter to the line. That's not really fair and is a major disadvantage to the team that has the lead that's earned it through the course of the game. You might as well do that every time if nobody's gonna call it a flagrant.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Oh, and I've had about enough of the Gatorade and Taco Bell commercials for a lifetime. I know it's paying the bills, but repeating the same crap over and over and over and over and over again in the same 48 hour period is not gonna make me go out and buy a gatorade or snag a fake burrito, especially when I'm already annoyed. In fact, it encourages me to avoid them.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          FWIW, I think any foul away from the ball in the final minute of the game should be a flagrant. I dunno how many times teams foul players without the ball in order to get the clock to remain stopped and to send a crappy free throw shooter to the line. That's not really fair and is a major disadvantage to the team that has the lead that's earned it through the course of the game. You might as well do that every time if nobody's gonna call it a flagrant.
                          Maybe that's too vague; if I'm setting a downscreen on weakside and a foul is called, it shouldn't automatically be intentional/flagrant.

Comment

• Has anyone ever seen Roy Boy and Jeff Sessions in the same roo
                            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                              Maybe that's too vague; if I'm setting a downscreen on weakside and a foul is called, it shouldn't automatically be intentional/flagrant.
                              Yes, there would be some wiggle room in there for things like that. But I'm mainly talking about the times when players just grab and hold other players from moving or getting to the ball. Where's the intent on the ball there? There is no ball around.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• So how many points will Creighton lose by today?

Comment

Working...
                                X