Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caroline is an impressive player. Too bad he bounced

Comment

• Today was about a D+. No buzzer beaters, only a couple of really, really close games. Only 3 mids (BIG EAST isn't a P5, sorry) advance, with only 2 lower seeds winning. Talk about a snoozefest. One of the more boring first round days of recent memory honestly.

Hopefully tomorrow provides more excitement and more double-seeded wins (i.e. namely us).
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• 15-1 in picks today though! My loyalty to HCSF cost me my perfect bracket.
        The Assman

Comment

• 9-7, while 2 of my Sweet 16 teams are done. Pure chalk except for MTSU and Xavier.

Hopefully Day 2 is better.

Oh, and this irritates me: Why for tomorrow's Round of 32 games do they have one game at 12:15, another at 2:40, and then all the others less spread out?
          Last edited by ACW; March 17, 2017, 03:40 AM.

Comment

• Today Thursday boring.
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• A ton of missed easy layups on Thursday.

Comment

• 15-1 in Thursday's games; I picked FGCU to beat Florida State.

Comment

• I went 1-6 with my upsets (got MTSU right; missed the other 12s, VCU, ETSU, FGCU); also missed Maryland.
                  Today, the only upsets I've got are URI (conference loyalty) and you guys (which would only be an upset seeding-wise)...so watch all the upsets take place today :rolleyes:

Comment

• Originally posted by ACW View Post
                    I went 1-6 with my upsets (got MTSU right; missed the other 12s, VCU, ETSU, FGCU); also missed Maryland.
                    Today, the only upsets I've got are URI (conference loyalty) and you guys (which would only be an upset seeding-wise)...so watch all the upsets take place today :rolleyes:
                    Yes, URI will definitely beat Creighton. Can't wait to watch that one!
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• It's weird that I'm almost disappointed I went 14-2 on my picks yesterday. Only ones I missed were FGCU and UNCW. But the fact that there weren't a lot of crazy upsets or buzzer beaters was a little disappointing. At least there were a lot of close, good games. Here's to hoping today has a little more madness.

Comment

• I went 15-1, missed the Vandy game, so close. Upset picks for today are WSU, Marquette and URI.

Comment

• 15-1...missed Virginia

Comment

• 16-0

Comment

• 16-0 for me. I've found I do much better when I fill out my bracket after the game is over.
                              Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Meanwhile, Larranaga faces Izzo...I remember the last time that happened :victorious:

Comment

Working...
                                X