Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WSU Versus Illinois State Predictions and Pregame Discussions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of nerves in me, but confident in the yellow and black. I think they are fired up and want to show who the alpha dog is in this league. ISU is a solid team. Jump on them early shockers...

Comment

These are my predictions for this afternoon's game:

- Rashard Kelly will pick up his first foul at the check-in table.
      - Mike Kennedy will receive a technical for commenting on John Higgins' hair.
      - After their "sub-par" season, Duke will fire Mike Krzyzewski and will announce the hiring of Gregg Marshall to install a competent defense before the ACC tournament. Gregg will verify this to the media on the way out of the building at 12:05 saying, "Later, losers."
      - In a secret emergency session, the Kansas Board of Regents will vote to dissolve Wichita State University and use the campus as an 'Attendance Center' for KU and KSU, effective immediately. No refunds will be given for the current semester. Brownback will hail it as a "victory for education."
      - With 47 seconds left in the game and Illinois State with a 7 point lead, Jackie Charmichael will run onto the court and execute a jumping front kick on Zach Brown. This time, no call.
      - At halftime, it will be discovered that Markis McDuffie has been playing professionally in Europe under several aliases, including "Mike Honcho" and "Ron Mexico."
      - With 2:27 left to go in the game, the unthinkable will happen. Lynn Marshall will sit down.
      - With the Shockers threatening to blow the game open with a big run, Paris Lee will distract the referee while Dan Muller hits Conner Frankamp with a steel chair.
      - Thinking this is his best chance to get THREE teams into the NCAA tournament, Doug Elgin will attempt to write "Northern Iowa" as the winner in the official results.
      - Despite all of this, WSU still wins 88-38 (which makes for a WILD final 47 seconds, I know).

So, breathe everybody. Have a good lunch. Enjoy the game. :)

Comment

Why in the hell is the UCONN Cincy game just now starting at 11:10?

Welp, be prepared to get screwed on tv coverage again.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by T.VuOP View Post
          Conner played 35 minutes, Shanet 32. They may be a little tired. Not sure they can get hot early

But they didn't have 150 minutes of practice either day
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I am not worried about conditioning. Our fellas are in great shape and fatigue will not be a factor.

Comment

Janssen and Higgins appear to be two of the refs.

Comment

• All hands effort. We win!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                  Elgin-approved.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    I have a few tickets and I'm at the pep rally if anyone needs 'em
                    Doc plying some wares as he knows what solves a Shocker fan's fix...
                    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Janssen, UGH!

Higgins is alright though.
                      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

I have been pondering this lately. Has anyone benefitted more this year from the MVC being so weak than ISUr? Usually there are some second tier teams in the mix, teams that can knock you off if you have a lackluster game or if they just light it up one night. This year that isnt the case. This year you can pretty much throw a blanket over 3-10, and that isn't a good thing. While the Shockers are routinely blowing out opponents both at home and on the road by 15+, ISUr is squeeking by in many games, especially late in the season. Now I still give them credit, 17-1 is difficult and outstanding in any league, but it seems to me that they have really benefitted from a weak Valley and especially the lack of the mid-tier teams. I just don't see that they would be in the same conversation as us had this normal dynamic been in place. I expect today to be a comfortable Shocker victory. Vegas is smart, but I think we cover, even considering this is STL.
                        Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
                          I have been pondering this lately. Has anyone benefitted more this year from the MVC being so weak than ISUr? Usually there are some second tier teams in the mix, teams that can knock you off if you have a lackluster game or if they just light it up one night. This year that isnt the case. This year you can pretty much throw a blanket over 3-10, and that isn't a good thing. While the Shockers are routinely blowing out opponents both at home and on the road by 15+, ISUr is squeeking by in many games, especially late in the season. Now I still give them credit, 17-1 is difficult and outstanding in any league, but it seems to me that they have really benefitted from a weak Valley and especially the lack of the mid-tier teams. I just don't see that they would be in the same conversation as us had this normal dynamic been in place. I expect today to be a comfortable Shocker victory. Vegas is smart, but I think we cover, even considering this is STL.
                          ISUr is the 7th luckiest team in the country this season, according to kenpom.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                            Huge numbers of Shox fans here at the basilica for Mass.
                            Agreed

Comment

At this point I'm just glad to have name brand refs that I can at least trust probably can't be bought.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                                Why in the hell is the UCONN Cincy game just now starting at 11:10?

Welp, be prepared to get screwed on tv coverage again.
                                Our start time is 1:13 so I think we will be ok.

Comment

Working...
                                X