Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WSU Versus Illinois State Predictions and Pregame Discussions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus Illinois State Predictions and Pregame Discussions.

Here's the deal. Why not? The Redbirds and the Shockers we are told are playing a grudge match? Really? It is much more than that. This is personal. This is for all the marbles. The winner of this game punches 1 Valley Dance card. It is the Shocks time and for sure it is our turn to win the Lew and I say we will by 14, yes 14, smackers. This is not just about revenge but rather the reckoning I reckon, so get ready for a whale of a game, a battle of defenders, a war on the hardwood on both sides of the court, and all I want to see is 'bye, bye birdees.'

It would be nice for this here Valley for both teams to Dance. Our Conference can use the green and both teams have earned it much more than certain other Conferences getting in 9 teams. Both teams can win at the Dance but my focus is on our beloved Shocks. Look for Shamet, CF, MM, and Shaq to lead our 11 man rotation but we never know about that and neither will the birds. The Shocks tied in the Valley 1st place finish this Season and will put black and yellow icing on the cake by winning the Lew. The Shocks have saved the best for last in Valley buswax and will will clip the redbirds wings which will silence their chirping, and when the Shocks pull the tarp over their cage, they will stumble and fall off their perch. Shockers win!!! Shockers prevail!!!!!!!. Shockers then will be "All the way, to the NC2A."

Their MM------65

Shocks MM---79
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Calling Landry Shamet! Calling Landry Shamet!

Comment

Honor Code 80
      Penal Code 69

Comment

Loved the effort from both teams today. Shocks were tested and passed with flying colors. We wear BLACK tomorrow and I'm digging that! Shaq was awesome, more of that please. ISU is rolling again, but is due for a clunker at the hands of our D. Zach will hit a 3 or two, Shocks prevail 72-66.

Comment

It's still personal.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

We need to come out a better than we have the past two games. ISUR won't be as easy to come back on as BU and MSU. It will be interesting to watch Brown guard Lee as he did in our win over them. MM being back gives them help, but in the end I think we win by around 10. I'd sure like to see Shamet score the ball a little better. It will be a good game and I'm counting the seconds until it starts!

Comment

You better believe the refs are going to let them play. Think of the year IllSt beat the hell out of Stutz underneath.

Comment

I agree about the slow starts.

Every single one of our neutral court games this year (minus LSU) we have come out slow, timid, and scared. That can't happen tomorrow. Act like the superior team you know you are. There should be plenty of motivation going into tomorrow. Handle it like you should and bring home the hardware.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
                  You better believe the refs are going to let them play. Think of the year IllSt beat the hell out of Stutz underneath.
                  The Big Payback!!
                  ©WMG, 1973October, 2016: Over half a million views?! Yeah people, keep the funk flowing!November, 2017: More than 900 thousand views. One million incoming!

Comment

I booked a r/t flight on SWA for $426 . Get to STL at 10am return to ICT at 11:20pm. Still seats available.

No need for a car or hotel, take the metro link right to the arena and back with plenty of time for pre and post game festivities!

Thought some of you might want to take advantage.

Comment

somebody on the radio show said that the shockers had more turnovers than assists in their last two games (vs. bradley and msu). do that against the birds and the shockers will lose. they must take better care of the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                        somebody on the radio show said that the shockers had more turnovers than assists in their last two games (vs. bradley and msu). do that against the birds and the shockers will lose. they must take better care of the ball.
                        I checked. It's true.

Comment

I don't think the previous meetings of the Shocks and Redbirds have any bearing on what will happen tomorrow nor do I think how the teams have played so far in the tournament will have any bearing on the outcome. The only thing that will matter tomorrow is how the two teams play tomorrow. Pretty sure both teams will leave everything they have effort wise on the court tomorrow. Whether both teams will play well, or both teams will play poor, or whether one will play well or one will play poorly is really impossible to predict.

What we do know is that these are the two most deserving teams to be in this Championship game tomorrow. I don't care what conference you are in going 17-1 in league play, losing only to each other on the road, and then having to win two more games against teams with everything to gain and nothing to lose when a loss could very well mean the end of your NCAA hopes is not easy to do period.

I am glad both of these teams made the Championship game and the Valley has to be taking a deep breath as well. Personally, I think both teams deserve an NCAA bid but I realize that may not happen.

Hopefully we get a great game, with no injuries, and may the best team win (which are the Shockers of course).
                          Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 4, 2017, 10:03 PM.

Comment

82-50. Statement will be made.
                            Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Attached Files
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                              X