Discussing Potential Future OOC Opponents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
    Almost seems like a slap in the Cowboy's face. One year and gone. Didn't see that one coming. Muller to OSU.
    I had heard that OSU had got burned by (coach at St. Louis now-can't remember), by paying him big time so they were under paying Underwood. Probably felt under appreciated.

Comment

• Has to be strictly money for Underwood doesn't it? Otherwise moving from Okie State to Illinois seems like pretty much a sideways move.

Maybe Underwood has some concerns about the long-term viability of the Big 12 and wanted to get out while he had the opportunity.

Comment

• Underwood also probably saw Evans leaving and knew that he was the major part of their offense. Next year, they might be down.

Comment

• If Evans wasn't leaving before, he is now.
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• So now we're gonna have a 150+ RPI anchor on the road next year?

Perfect.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              Has to be strictly money for Underwood doesn't it? Otherwise moving from Okie State to Illinois seems like pretty much a sideways move.

Maybe Underwood has some concerns about the long-term viability of the Big 12 and wanted to get out while he had the opportunity.
              No.
              Illinois is a "better job." Triple salary is a good thing too.

Comment

• I heard Underwood was making $1M. He was offered the Ill job and asked OSU to increase his pay to $2.8M, they offered $2.4M so be gave them the finger.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  I heard Underwood was making $1M. He was offered the Ill job and asked OSU to increase his pay to $2.8M, they offered $2.4M so be gave them the finger.
                  I don't think that's all that unreasonable on OSU's part. He's had tremendous success but Underwood has only been a head coach for 4 seasons so even $2.4M is a lot for that short of a track record.
                  Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                    I don't think that's all that unreasonable on OSU's part. He's had tremendous success but Underwood has only been a head coach for 4 seasons so even $2.4M is a lot for that short of a track record.
                    This. I feel like Illinois is reaching a bit because they are worried about the Indiana coaching search.
                    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                      This. I feel like Illinois is reaching a bit because they are worried about the Indiana coaching search.
                      I know that he was the lowest paid coach in the Big 12. I would imagine that 2.4 M would put him on par with 25-50% of the coaches. Maybe 2.4 M is a fair amount. However, either way Underwood is a good coach (some would say very good coach) and now OSU is looking again. Underwood has been a winner who now had one year under his belt in the Big 12. Who will OSU get now for 1-2 Million? Maybe, another head coach from the Southland? Muller?

Comment

Working...
                      X