No announcement yet.

#25 Wichita State vs Missouri State Official Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought that bear in the middle of the court was brutal! And Michigan State has a Spartan head that is as big, but at least green....it was difficult to watch it.

What were the MSU fans on Connor about?

Comment

• What my wife and thought was distracting was the band of lights around the upper deck. It would change from bright white to dark blue. I don't know how it did not distract the shooters.

Comment

• I apologize if this was posted in the pregame thread (I didn't see it), but an interesting article from their student paper prior to the game.

As a transfer student from Northern Illinois, I arrived at Missouri State wondering what the athletics at Missouri State would be like.

Missouri State’s rivalry with Wichita State consists of jealousy and ‘Wichita is not a State’ T-shirts.

Even senior point guard Dequon Miller doesn't completely get why it's a rivalry, but he thinks that getting to where Wichita State is, is what it's all about.

"I think the media is part of it," Miller said of the 'rivalry' before the season. "I think we're trying to do something they've been doing. We haven't won a conference championship for a long time.

"Gregg Marshall has been running a great program. I think it's time for someone else to take over and I think it's time to knock those guys off and get them off their feet"

Comment

• "Gregg Marshall has been running a great program. I think it's time for someone else to take over and I think it's time to knock those guys off and get them off their feet"

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            I apologize if this was posted in the pregame thread (I didn't see it), but an interesting article from their student paper prior to the game.

http://www.the-standard.org/sports/w...3cd893d19.html
            80-62, 87-68. 14 in a row.

Good effort though.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              80-62, 87-68. 14 in a row.

Good effort though.
              Try again next year. Shocks losing the team leaders in J.R. Simon and Zach Bush. Should be much easier.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                "Gregg Marshall has been running a great program. I think it's time for someone else to take over and I think it's time to knock those guys off and get them off their feet"

First come, first served basis.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

Oh, I get it. He's not talking about another team taking over the league. He's talking about another coach taking over WSU and not be any good. That makes more sense.

Comment

• At least the whole "Missouri State’s rivalry with Wichita State consists of jealousy and ‘Wichita is not a State’ T-shirts" part is very true. So they have that going for them, which is nice.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                    X