#25 Wichita State vs Missouri State Official Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockers5150 View Post
    Zach is so bad on offense right now. The only bummer from that game. But he had 3 steals
    Why does he keep shooting the 3? Yesterday he had a perfectly open path down the baseline that he could have driven and at least got fouled but he hesitated a second a the 3 point line and put up another brick. He's usually good for one 3 per game but its the other 4 he attempts that are frustrating. His rim stuff yesterday isn't the norm, he's usually very good driving to the basket and is talented enough to usually put it away. We are better with Brown driving to the basket IMO.

Comment

• He has kinda forgot driving

Comment

• Take a look at the replay and watch Conner's dagger at the 2:25ish mark. Kreklow gives him a pat on the back, like "nice shot bro". Just seemed funny to me. But then I started thinking, was someone on the sidelines right there running their mouth at Conner?

Because the next three about 30 seconds later is delivered with a little one legged dance and prolonged stare at the fans on the sideline. I'd love to know what was going on there.

Comment

• Also, remember Tyler McCullough's freshman year (maybe So. but I think Fr.) when he pulled the same type of foul, clotheslining Cle in St. Louis? He tried to hurt McDuffie yesterday and I hope we don't see that thug ever again.

Comment

• I remember a time when people on the board wanted Tekele to stop shooting. Players go through rough patches, give Zach a break. It will come back, be prepared to eat crow. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              Also, remember Tyler McCullough's freshman year (maybe So. but I think Fr.) when he pulled the same type of foul, clotheslining Cle in St. Louis? He tried to hurt McDuffie yesterday and I hope we don't see that thug ever again.
              I do remember that and I was thinking the same thing while watching the game. If you watched when they pulled McCullough at the end of the game his teammates (walk-ons at least) seemed to be congratulating him for his efforts. Of course I'm probably reading too much into what I saw but it was a pretty crappy play by him on McDuffie.

Comment

Take a look at the replay and watch Conner's dagger at the 2:25ish mark. Kreklow gives him a pat on the back, like "nice shot bro". Just seemed funny to me. But then I started thinking, was someone on the sidelines right there running their mouth at Conner?

Because the next three about 30 seconds later is delivered with a little one legged dance and prolonged stare at the fans on the sideline. I'd love to know what was going on there.
                Yeah, someone had to have been mouthing off. That staredown said it all.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockthemonkey View Post
                  I do remember that and I was thinking the same thing while watching the game. If you watched when they pulled McCullough at the end of the game his teammates (walk-ons at least) seemed to be congratulating him for his efforts. Of course I'm probably reading too much into what I saw but it was a pretty crappy play by him on McDuffie.
                  I think you're reading too much into it. It was Senior Day, McCullough is a senior. Pretty sure it that why he was getting the congrats.
                  Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• McCullough

I thought McCullough is a transfer from the U of Arkansas. Maybe I'm mixing him up with someone else & I'm certainly not going to waste time researching it! -:)

Comment

• At least when our guys win a share of the Valley crown, they act like men about it. Sure they were happy and congratulating each other and patting backs, but they (smilingly) got into line and completed the handshakes like Champions. However, some of the Ill State players (only about four) found it necessary to lay on the floor of their opponent on Senior Day and roll around like a bunch of piggies in the mud. One of their assistant coaches saw them and gave them a stern look and basically told them to get into line. I'm sure they were happy (after all it has been a very, very, very long time since they have won even a portion of a championship) but have some respect for your opponent and act like the champions you are purported to be.

Comment

• 4 in a row, 5 of 6 and if you give me like one shot back in 10-11 and 12-13 it could be 7 straight. One might argue it even should be 7 straight. Certainly it should be 6 straight. Pretty incredible.

By the way, isn't Indiana State on the bubble too? I mean, they beat Butler so.........in?

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                          The last 2 times we needed a win on the final day to tie or win the league outright we failed. Not today. Good job gentlemen.
                          Didn't we have to beat UNI on the final game in 2015?
                          You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Take a look at the replay and watch Conner's dagger at the 2:25ish mark. Kreklow gives him a pat on the back, like "nice shot bro". Just seemed funny to me. But then I started thinking, was someone on the sidelines right there running their mouth at Conner?

Interesting...I noticed that too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                              Didn't we have to beat UNI on the final game in 2015?
                              Yes. They beat the hell out of us the Saturday before the Superbowl that season. The one that Wilson through a pass to the slot from the 1.5!

Comment

• Originally posted by vancedave56 View Post
                                I remember a time when people on the board wanted Tekele to stop shooting. Players go through rough patches, give Zach a break. It will come back, be prepared to eat crow. :)
                                He does fall into a trap of settling for 3 point jump shots at times. He needs to look for other ways of scoring. Tekele was most effective when he tried to get to the rim too. If you miss a couple of shots, try something else. Cotton's shooting woes were mostly when was a Sophomore. Zach is a Junior and needs to be more savvy and multi-faceted.

Comment

Working...
                                X