Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many MVC Tournaments have you attended in st Louis??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many MVC Tournaments have you attended in st Louis??

Saw this thread on the Illinois State board and thought it would be interesting to hear from those on Shockernet.

This year will be my 15th trip in a row to St Louis. It will be my first trip flying, so I'm really hoping for a Championship this year because I only got one of those in my fourteen years driving to STL.

Only three and only one that didn't end in disappointment.

Comment

Nine for me, all ending in a sad drive home. Not able to go this year. Two years ago, I swore that I'd never go again and save money for NCAA trip. I suppose I might go one more time if I knew that it was our last Arch Madness trip.
      78-65

Comment

I believe this will be year 11. First year was the Sweet 16 year so we quickly got a taste of the reality of Arch Madness.

Expectations have definitely changed over the years. Marshall's first couple of years we were jokingly glad to be in the play in game because that meant we'd get to see them play twice.

It's still a great time but nothing can top the first several years when CU, SIU, and WSU all brought tons of fans. It was a really exciting place to be back then.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
          Only three and only one that didn't end in disappointment.
          That's probably one of the best returns percentage wise for most WSU fans though.

2003 and 2015 is it for me.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Been going every year since 2008, including twice in 2014 for the MVC and NCAA tournament.

Comment

This is 14 or 15 straight for me. Only one happy trip home.

This will be the year for another trophy!

Comment

10th year in a row for me. Every year I say that's it, I'm not going back but every year I get sucked back in
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Can't remember, I think I'm at 13 or 14 in a row*. I put an * in there because the one and only time I tried to bring the whole family we got in a car accident in KC, totaled the car so got a rental and went back home. The game started about the time we got home and I'm pretty sure the Shox lost. The one championship in St Louis was fun, but the drive home still sucked! Hopefully flying this year will make the trip more fun.

Comment

12th straight year for me. Hate the drive back, but can't really beat that optimistic feeling on the way there.

Comment

Counting my next one? One

Comment

I've never been. I've heard what a great time it is and I've always wanted to go. I'm now waiting for it to be WSU's last Valley tournament, I'll think about going then.

Comment

8th straight trip for our group. 1 championship in that time frame. We are due for another!

Comment

Fourteen out of the last fifteen years we have been. It's just a great time. One year I did get really sick while we were there and literally have very few memories of watching the last game we played. I sat there kind of catatonic, hoping not to vomit. Of course that was our undefeated year and tournament championship. So I guess the take home is that I'm trying to figure out a safe way to get sick by Sunday on this trip. I'm ok with taking one for the team.

Comment

This will be my second year.
                              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Working...
                              X