No announcement yet.

Crowd Roar "Coach"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the tip, I don't know how survived my ACT and GRE preps without this definition. But seriously, my apologies for my intention to rankle.
    Last edited by DUShock; February 20, 2017, 01:00 PM. Reason: My intention wasn't to rankle.
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
      Thanks for the tip, I don't know how survived my ACT and GRE preps without this definition. But seriously, my apologies for my intention to rankle.
      eh, no rankling here. Just a very dry streak of sarcasm.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Saturday, Wichita State was the featured game on a nationally televised ESPN network. An older, non-student audience represented the university in all its glory. Season tickets are steep, but non-students have found a way to beat the system — and it’s killing the student experience. Season tickets for men’s basketball, if you’re fortunate enough to...

"The Sunflower" now talking about student section issues.

The problem is, the AD and University needs to hire someone that actively engages the student body, not just for basketball, but for all sports. ShockerManiacs is a start, but at least when I was in school, is was just a points earning system. It didn't really engage involvement all that much with the students.

Sure the ticket system and seating is broken, but they need to actually try work on a better way to get "real" students to come and seats that are really for students. I know WSU is not a "traditional university", but you should be able to convince 6% of your student body to attend home games. You have to make the students feel like they are an important part of the product and programs.

Just some of my two cents.
        The Assman

Comment

Before I listen to any students bitching about giving up seats they need to fill the seats.

The article id write about giving up seats is to the students.

Yes it is crazy that Matt (?) still gets that seat but you know what? Get there earlier than he does. Problem solved.

Comment

If the students just pick up and use all the tickets they wouldn't have to worry about old folks in their seats.

On a different note. One thing I wished we could have done when I was a student was bring in backpacks, it would've been nice to use some of that hour and a half of sitting around before the game studying. I know it could be a security problem but maybe they could come up with some sort of prescreening in the line before they open the doors. I'm just spitballing here but there has to be things the athletic department can do to both bring in students and keep the time requirement to get a good seat down.
            Last edited by WheatShock; February 21, 2017, 08:02 PM.
            Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
              If the students just pick up and use all the tickets they wouldn't have to worry about old folks in their seats.

On a different note. One thing I wished we could have done when I was a student was bring in backpacks, it would've been nice to use some of that hour and a half of sitting around before the game studying. I know it could be a security problem but maybe they could come up with some sort of prescreening in the line before they open the doors. I'm just spitballing here but there has to be things the athletic department can do to both bring in students and keep the time requirement to get a good seat down.
              You and I had very different college experiences. Of all the things I could think to bring in a backpack, school books would have been very low on the list. Sure it took me six years to graduate, but what a ride!
              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Working...
              X