WSU Versus UNI Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus UNI Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. Don't even think about it Panthers!!! Last Season, these two split, both winning at the other teams barn. No Thanks. Not this time. No raining big cats and panthers on our Shocker Ship Seeking Parade. We dig sweeps down here at 21st and Hillside. "Kabroom Whiska Shaq-a-lacka-KaBoom!!!!" UNI was leading Bradley 47-40 a few minutes ago but sputtering now so we shall see. They lost their first 5 Valley games if I recall but could be a Valley spoiler with the birds that are red.

Jeremy Morgan is one of the best players in this here Valley. "Jeremy, meet Mr. Brown and when that gets as old as the hills, meet MM and that experience will seem twice as dusty." This game is a nooner start time and ESPN2 will shine the bright lights here Saturday at Koch Arena. My plan is we will beat UNI but the Redbirds will get their wings clipped and fall smack dab off their perch and get beat by the Panthers soon. Their win here last Season was 53-50 and That requires a Shocker reckoning, I reckon.

In our win at UNI, Shamet drilled 5-3-pointers and Mr. Frankamp will drain 5 this time. Our top performers in our win there were Shamet, CF, and Nurger. Our D. will stick to them like duct tape in a kitty litter as we prey on them, offer the bait, and then bag them for the 16 point surpass as we hold them to just 61. This is important to have a big defensive showing with little fouling to hold their shooters to a mild roar. The song by Abba says "couldn't escape if I wanted to" and that will ring true for UNI because beating us at home is a difficult as pulling hens teeth and it will not be allowed. Shockers win!!! Shockers win!!!!!!!

The UNI/NIU Spin---61

The Shocks Win-----77
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Update---UNI beats Bradley--64-61 tonight.

Comment

Shox-82
      Uni-60

Comment

The Ghost of Kurt Warner 64
        The Ghost of Bill Parcells 78

Comment

Below are the remaining games for the Shocks and Redbirds,

WSU plays UNI and Evansville at home and Mo. State on the road.
          Redbirds play Loyola and S. Illinois at home and UNI at Cedar Falls.

Looks promising to me. Time will tell the verdict soon, the dust will settle, and the curtains will close for this hard-fought Valley Race. Then on we all go to St. Louis.

Comment

UNI is coming on strong, record-wise, but they are just a slight notch better than the rest of the Valley, which isn't saying much. Instead of winning by 30, I say Shox by 18. 82-64

Comment

UNI's last four games:

vs Indy State: 65-60
              vs SIU: 49-41
              @ MSU: 55-52
              vs Bradley: 64-61

None of that looks scary at all. I want to blow these guys out of the water. Finish this season off strong. But this one will probably be a little lower scoring than we're used to, because UNI will really ugly up the game.

Shockers - 75
              UNI - 54

Comment

Would be nice to send a message on Saturday as we're likely to face the UNIs again in St Louis.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                  Would be nice to send a message on Saturday as we're likely to face the UNIs again in St Louis.
                  Agreed completely. Completely take away any confidence they would have by keeping it close.

Comment

UNI's AdjO is 95.8 (8th) in conference, 95.9 (3rd) on defense.
                    WSU is AdjO is 117.9 (1st), 90.8 (2nd) on defense

So on average in conference when hold oppoents to 5 points less per 100 possession than their "awesome defense" and score 22 more points. This game shouldn't be close.

KenPom has this at 73-55 with us winning 95%. Seems resonable. I don't think we will score 80 this game only because UNI plays so slow because they can't figure out how to get the ball in the hoop. I predict a couple of shot clock violations.

Comment

WSU 84
                      UNI 72
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

WSU 99
                        UNI 63

Comment

Closer than it should be. Shox by 8

Comment

I don't see them hitting 50 in this game. They have some size, but not enough depth - wear 'em down, knock them off the(ir) at-large Bubble. Our guards will rule the day in this one - look for something special from DS and solid games from our starting backcourt.

Shocks 69 Panthers 47

Comment

Marshall will remind who ended the home court streak last year. He'll also remind them how miserable St Louis was last year.

Combine those two things with us being really good and UNI not being good equates to a 73-48 shellacking.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                              X