WSU Versus Southern Illinois Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
    Yeah this is why UNI doesn't scare me. The only other team outside of Illinois State that concerns me is Loyola. Which is why I think we should skate through our last 4 games before Arch Madness. I'm not worried about @MSU either.
    What we should do and what we will don't always true up. We have had some krazy krap happen before with SIU during the 1st half of February. We have lost twice to worse SIU teams than this year's version in the last 6 years. On February 8, 2011 the Shocks lost 53-56 to SIU at home and two years later on February 5, 2013 the Shocks dropped a 62-64 game to SIU in Carbondale. Those two Shocker teams finished the season at 29-8 and 30-9 respectively. The 2011 loss probably cost us a berth in the NCAA Tournament although the NIT Championship was a decent consolation prize. The 2013 loss was to the Final Four team. So the Shockers teams that lost these games weren't exactly chopped liver.

Fortunately 3G has a long memory and I am sure both of those losses still stick in his craw so I suspect he will have the Shocks ready to pounce and, hopefully, that is exactly what they will do. Jump on SIU early and jump on them hard and leave no doubt about what the outcome will be.

Still weird stuff can and has happened. So I don't think any game is totally worry free especially nowadays when the Shocks seem to get everyone's ulitmate effort on the road.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 13, 2017, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      What we should do and what we will don't always true up. We have had some krazy krap happen before with SIU during the 1st half of February. We have lost twice to worse SIU teams than this year's version in the last 6 years. On February 8, 2011 the Shocks lost 53-56 to SIU at home and two years later on February 5, 2013 the Shocks dropped a 62-64 game to SIU in Carbondale. Those two Shocker teams finished the season at 29-8 and 30-9 respectively. The 2011 loss probably cost us a berth in the NCAA Tournament althought the NIT Championship was a decent consolation prize. The 2013 loss was to the Final Four team. So the Shockers teams that lost these games weren't exactly chopped liver.

Fortunately 3G has a long memory and I am sure both of those losses still stick in his craw so I suspect he will have the Shocks ready to pounce and, hopefully, that is exactly what they will do. Jump on SIU early and jump on them hard and leave no doubt about what the outcome will be.

Still weird stuff can and has happened. So I don't think any game is totally worry free especially nowadays when the Shocks seem to get everyone's ulitmate effort on the road.
      The home game we lost that Season probably indeed cost us the Dance appearance. It also seems like in that game, a few SIU starters were not allowed to play for breaking team rules which was bewildering to me that we lost such a key game at home.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I almost feel sorry for SI...will be a whole new meaning to play Angry. And they will be the stage

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
          The home game we lost that Season probably indeed cost us the Dance appearance. It also seems like in that game, a few SIU starters were not allowed to play for breaking team rules which was bewildering to me that we lost such a key game at home.
          Did we get a ton of snow/ice around that time too?

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
            Did we get a ton of snow/ice around that time too?
            This stretches my memory but I think you are correct.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Yeah this is why UNI doesn't scare me. The only other team outside of Illinois State that concerns me is Loyola. Which is why I think we should skate through our last 4 games before Arch Madness. I'm not worried about @MSU either.
              I see your point and the superior coaching, but senior night on the road, especially when it's the final game (which we haven't seen since Creighton I think) of the season, should always concern you.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                I know Coach Marshall is smart enough to not take anything for granted and that boosts my spirits.
                Yeah, this is the exact reason I'm not that worried. Marshall has this team clicking. I know there's still 4 games where anything can happen. Crazy things happen in college basketball which is what makes it a lot of fun. I'm not denying that.

EDIT: Actually, to please the JuJu, I'm gonna take it all back. I'll be a little worried for the remaining road games. Our team is still young after all. I don't want this to be all on me if we lose.
                Last edited by ShockerPhi; February 14, 2017, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Yeah, this is the exact reason I'm not that worried. Marshall has this team clicking. I know there's still 4 games where anything can happen. Crazy things happen in college basketball which is what makes it a lot of fun. I'm not denying that.

EDIT: Actually, to please the JuJu, I'm gonna take it all back. I'll be a little worried for the remaining road games. Our team is still young after all. I don't want this to be all on me if we lose.
                  Actually the road concerns me more than home games. Marshall is the best at preparing his teams but we are dealing with 18-21 year olds on the road, and as Doc said, on Senior night, anything can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                    Actually the road concerns me more than home games. Marshall is the best at preparing his teams but we are dealing with 18-21 year olds on the road, and as Doc said, on Senior night, anything can happen.
                    Just keep hittin' the boards and the Shocks will be alright!!!

Comment

82-54 Shocks
                      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Wichita State -12

bet the house

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                          Wichita State -12

bet the house
                          Careful. Janssen may have taken the spread.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                            Wichita State -12

bet the house
                            I'll bet your house, what's the address?
                            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                            ---------------------------------------
                            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

when the fu*% do we play uni?

shockers- 72
                              salukis- 61

Comment

Shocks win going away 78-63

Comment

Working...
                                X