WSU Versus Southern Illinois Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus Southern Illinois Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. This here Valley Race is rolling by like the clouds on a windy Kansas day and the teams have all played around 77.7% of their games (I think) heading toward the finish line. We now play SIU which are named after the swift, slim dog with silky ears. Why did the Saluki cross the road? To fetch the neighbors paper which saves budget money with the rising cost of current news. It has been said "It is what is on the inside that counts." This rang true at Koch Arena where we defeated SIU 87-45 which was 1 more point than when we Shocked it to the Redbirds by 41. In our SIU game, MM, Shaq, and Willis all led us on some paint scoring as we outrebounded them by 20. Last Season we beat SIU 83-58 at Carbondale when Baker had 18 and Conner scored 14 which included four-3-pointers.

SIU got Evansvilled yesterday 75-70. They are now 14-13 and 7-7 in the Valley. However, they are 10-4 on home games and Marshall Law will have us shadowing Rodriquez, Fletcher, O'Brien, and Bol so close they will feel smothered and will smell our hair that will be on fire. This game starts at 6-p.m. and is on Cox 2022 and played SIU Arena. They are coached by Barry Hinson who has more stories than the Empire State Building and I enjoy listening to him.

The Shocks will come into this game knowing there is little 'wiggle room' for error in this here Valley and will take this foe very seriously on the Cold and Lonely Road. Why not exploit the inside game that worked so well for the Shocks at 21st and Hillside first and foremost and then then kick it out to LS and Conner "Laser" Frankamp for some sharpshooting outside. You like?

Losing this game shant be an option for our beloved Shocks. It would be miserable like going the the Housepital to have 3 wisdom teeth removed. Just as your 'knockout goop' takes hold, in walks yourn ex-girlfriend that you recently dumped whom happens to be the "Surprise Dentist on Call" that very day. The last thing you remember her say with her twisted smile is "Remember me? Alone again at last Bay-Bay, Can you dig it?!!!!!!!" Not kewl, so just win by 16 and hold SIU to 61 or less.

Anthony "Gone with the Wind" Beane------61

Frank amp and Beans In the House--------77
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

I'll be there cheering on the team...anyone else going??

Comment

We should win big, but it will be tougher on the road. SIU had 2 players miss the game at the Roundhouse due to an academic review, both players are back with the team so they will be deeper and won't have a bunch of guys playing out of position.

SIU struggles when forced to shoot jumpers so we should really put the clamps on them defensively. I will be very disappointed if we allow more than 60.
      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

WSU 78
        SIU 64
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

SIU is so bad. The game they had at UNI last week was one of the worst college basketball games I watched. SIU lost 41-49. This one won't even register as a bump in the road on the way to the end of the season. I love Barry, but man...

Shockers - 87
          Salukis - 59

Comment

Today we played a good 40 minutes. Even at SIU we need to show up with effort, and rebound,etc. If we don't and they shoot well, it can happen on the road.

Comment

Rob Kampman will be on the call with Shane Dennis.

Comment

Beatdown
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

The WSU pregame thread on the SIU board is titled "Things I would rather do than..."

I hope we hold them under 60.

Comment

Ghost of Early Jack Hartman 63
                    Ghost of Early Cleanthony 71

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                      SIU is so bad. The game they had at UNI last week was one of the worst college basketball games I watched. SIU lost 41-49. This one won't even register as a bump in the road on the way to the end of the season. I love Barry, but man...
                      Wow, if that's the case, why in the world should be be concerned about UNI? They seem just slightly less inept as the rest of the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                        Here's the deal. This here Valley Race is rolling by like the clouds on a windy Kansas day and the teams have all played around 77.7% of their games (I think) heading toward the finish line. We now play SIU which are named after the swift, slim dog with silky ears. Why did the Saluki cross the road? To fetch the neighbors paper which saves budget money with the rising cost of current news. It has been said "It is what is on the inside that counts." This rang true at Koch Arena where we defeated SIU 87-45 which was 1 more point than when we Shocked it to the Redbirds by 41. In our SIU game, MM, Shaq, and Willis all led us on some paint scoring as we outrebounded them by 20. Last Season we beat SIU 83-58 at Carbondale when Baker had 18 and Conner scored 14 which included four-3-pointers.

SIU got Evansvilled yesterday 75-70. They are now 14-13 and 7-7 in the Valley. However, they are 10-4 on home games and Marshall Law will have us shadowing Rodriquez, Fletcher, O'Brien, and Bol so close they will feel smothered and will smell our hair that will be on fire. This game starts at 6-p.m. and is on Cox 2022 and played SIU Arena. They are coached by Barry Hinson who has more stories than the Empire State Building and I enjoy listening to him.

The Shocks will come into this game knowing there is little 'wiggle room' for error in this here Valley and will take this foe very seriously on the Cold and Lonely Road. Why not exploit the inside game that worked so well for the Shocks at 21st and Hillside first and foremost and then then kick it out to LS and Conner "Laser" Frankamp for some sharpshooting outside. You like?

Losing this game shant be an option for our beloved Shocks. It would be miserable like going the the Housepital to have 3 wisdom teeth removed. Just as your 'knockout goop' takes hold, in walks yourn ex-girlfriend that you recently dumped whom happens to be the "Surprise Dentist on Call" that very day. The last thing you remember her say with her twisted smile is "Remember me? Alone again at last Bay-Bay, Can you dig it?!!!!!!!" Not kewl, so just win by 16 and hold SIU to 61 or less.

Anthony "Gone with the Wind" Beane------61

Frank amp and Beans In the House--------77
                        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                          Rob Kampman will be on the call with Shane Dennis.
                          http://www.goshockers.com/news/2017/2/13/mens-basketball-kampman-joins-tv-crew-for-siu-game.aspx

You can always find a place for a guy like Rob K on your roster. He would fit in very nicley with this current group of Shockers.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            Wow, if that's the case, why in the world should be be concerned about UNI? They seem just slightly less inept as the rest of the conference.
                            Yeah this is why UNI doesn't scare me. The only other team outside of Illinois State that concerns me is Loyola. Which is why I think we should skate through our last 4 games before Arch Madness. I'm not worried about @MSU either.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                              Yeah this is why UNI doesn't scare me. The only other team outside of Illinois State that concerns me is Loyola. Which is why I think we should skate through our last 4 games before Arch Madness. I'm not worried about @MSU either.
                              I hope our players don't second your lack of respect for all opponents at home and on the road. If so, we will for sure lose. The only thing that worries me is that our team is made up of 18-21 year olds who sometimes lack the maturity to respect their opponents. I know Coach Marshall is smart enough to not take anything for granted and that boosts my spirits.

Comment

Working...
                              X