WSU Versus Loyola Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus Loyola Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. After rattling the Redbirds cage like paint in a paint mixer, the Shocks defeated the Bears handily tonight. Now we go on another bonzer 2 game cold and lonely road Illinois swing to play the Rambling Gambling Ramblers at Joseph K. Gentile Arena Sunday that can be viewed on the tube on the U at 3-p.m. While we are known as road warriors, the Marshall Plan reminds us all that if you overlook the many obstacles that can occur, it can present teams with a Pandora's box of issues to overcome. Top 10 teams were even losing home games last weekend by not gloving up for up to 40 minutes.

We did defeat Loyola at Koch Arena 87-75 but seemed to struggle in that game. Dole scored 23 and Ingram had 14 in that game. However, they did just get Evansvilled last night 60-58. Thus, they are now 6-7 and 16-10 which does not overwhelm us other than understanding they are 11-2 at home this Season. Then there was the close call versus Loyola at the Lew last Season, where they had us on the ropes for a spell until Bake carried us on his shoulders with 25 smackers and 4 assists. Two solid Shockers from the past were from the Windy City were Ron Washington was nicknamed "The Thin Man From Chicago" and Bernard Jackson who were both solid Shocker players from there. Porter Moser is the Ramblers Coach and LU Wolf is the name of their Mascot. We are not scart, but rather approaching such a game prepared, focused, and cautious.

Our beloved Shocks will win this game by 16 and only allow them to score 61. Our swarming D-Fence will vex their game plan into a disarray of our own controlling preferences, not theirs. The Shocks shant play sloppy but rather keep focusing on executing our inside game and then kicking out to our outside sharpshooters.

Losing this game is not an option for us and would be as unpleasant as a nightmare that you are bird watching while eating marshmellers and waking up coughing up feathers only to learn your pillows are gone. That would not be kewl. Losing this game would be as cruel as depriving Coach Marshall from wearing his watch and not being able to flick his wrist 111 times per half. Just win Shocks, as we pursue still another Ship in preparation for the Lew, one game at a time. For now, SN can have sweet dreams and sleep like a baby.

Ramblers 61

Rambos---77
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Anyone else going up for this game?

Comment

Ghosts of Harry and Ralph Miller 71
      Ghost of George Ireland 72

Sorry...trap game:)

Comment

Unfortunately, this is the game that seems the most likely to be close or even a loss. I still think the Shockers will win it, but I'm not going into it cocky either. The Shockers need to channel whatever they did for the Illinois State home game and remove all doubt in this one early on.

Comment

If anyone is still looking for a ticket, StubHub has a single seat in Section 109, Row D for $5,000 or six seats in Section 102, Row B for $55.50 each.

Toss up on the better deal there.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
            If anyone is still looking for a ticket, StubHub has a single seat in Section 109, Row D for $5,000 or six seats in Section 102, Row B for $55.50 each.

Toss up on the better deal there.
            They probably meant you get the ENTIRE 109 section to yourself. They had lots of spare tickets

Comment

Obviously it is a 2 team race in the Valley. However, the Shocks and Redbirds can make it OFFICIAL this weekend. They have a 5 game lead over the two teams tied for 3rd, UNI and SIU, with 5 to play.

Comment

Looks like there are a few second-level seats still available from the Loyola site, and in that tiny gym you can't even really call it second-level more like Level-1B.

Hands down my favorite game of the year. Campus is a fifteen minute walk from my front door. I pop my headphones in and take a casual stroll while listening to the Shocker pre-game. It's always a special treat - esp when it is a Sunday afternoon game. Looks like Gentile will be pretty full - I always enjoy visiting event though the gym is best described as quaint, but nice.

Comment

WSU 78
                  Loy 73
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

This is pretty much the last game that worries me left on the schedule. Loyola will certainly get up for this game. They kept it close at our place, but I feel like we're clicking a lot better since that game. Still, something could go wrong.

Agreeing with everyone else, I'll predict a somewhat close one.

Shockers - 80
                    Loyola - 71

Comment

Shox will win this game knowing they can crack Top 25 this Monday.
                      Shox-80
                      Loyola-65

Comment

I hope we hold them under 60.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1388 View Post
                          Shox will win this game knowing they can crack Top 25 this Monday.
                          After 3G gets through putting this team through wash, rinse and spin cycles today and tomorrow cracking the Top 25 will be about the last thing on their minds.

Comment

Shocks will not be over looking this game with the Ramblers, especially after our second half let down against MSU. The Ramblers played us very tough at home so there's no reason they won't be a confident team at home. I feel we're a better team now than the first time we played, our rolls seem more defined and understood. Close game should be expected, Shockers 74 - Ramblers 65.

Comment

Originally posted by chitown_shocker View Post
                              Looks like there are a few second-level seats still available from the Loyola site, and in that tiny gym you can't even really call it second-level more like Level-1B.

Hands down my favorite game of the year. Campus is a fifteen minute walk from my front door. I pop my headphones in and take a casual stroll while listening to the Shocker pre-game. It's always a special treat - esp when it is a Sunday afternoon game. Looks like Gentile will be pretty full - I always enjoy visiting event though the gym is best described as quaint, but nice.
                              In this moment I am very jealous of you

Comment

Working...
                              X