No announcement yet.

2017 Maui Invitational

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Philosophical Fifty – 50 College Basketball Predictions For The 2017-18 Season" - Heat Check

by Eli Boettger
    November 9, 2017

"...6 – Notre Dame captures the Maui Invitational over Wichita State

The Maui Invite should be no slouch this season. Notre Dame and Wichita State are heavy favorites to reach the title game, though the Shockers might have a bit of a tougher path (California, Marquette/VCU) than the Irish (Chaminade, Michigan/LSU). UND’s dynamic duo of Matt Farrell and Bonzie Colson gets it done in Maui...."

However,

"47 – Cincinnati and Wichita State reach the Elite Eight

The new-look American does not disappoint. Cincinnati and Wichita State were both preseason top 15 teams, and should remain atop the AAC throughout the regular season. The highly experienced teams with must-watch guards (Cincinnati’s Cane Broome and Wichita State’s Landry Shamet) and versatile front courts will make for a matchup nightmare in March. As a result, the revamped AAC occupies a quarter of the Elite Eight field...."

Comment

• NM
      Last edited by I_Vector_Wu; November 20, 2017, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

• VCU looking sharp to start. Up 10-3 in the first 3 minutes.

Comment

• VCU now down 15-10

Comment

• It says each team already has 8 turnovers, am I reading that right??

Comment

• I’m feeling pretty good about the game tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                  I’m feeling pretty good about the game tomorrow.
                  Same. My question is, who are you all hoping to play? VCU, who might contend for the A10 championship, or Marquette, who is probably middle of the pack Big East? I'm hoping to play Marquette I think, even though we at least use to have a bit of heated competition with VCU, and I'd love to show them how much we've surpassed them.

Comment

• WuShock Reaper
                    WuShock Reaper commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Probably better for us to face Marquette as they will have a stronger strenth-of-schedule as they are projected to play against 11 top 50 teams, while VCU is projected to play against 4 top 50 teams.

• Originally posted by Heinro View Post

Same. My question is, who are you all hoping to play? VCU, who might contend for the A10 championship, or Marquette, who is probably middle of the pack Big East? I'm hoping to play Marquette I think, even though we at least use to have a bit of heated competition with VCU, and I'd love to show them how much we've surpassed them.
                  I'm not so sure that VCU is going to contend for the A10 championship.

Comment

I'm hoping for Marquette. They have the better chance to be a "quality win" at the end of the year.
                    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• 45-44 at the half, Marquette up.

Comment

VCU. Just because their fans could use a beat down or two. Marquette’s fans probably deserve a beat down too but I haven’t had to deal with their nonsense multiple times over the last few years.

Comment

• As noted in another thread, CJ is once again not suiting up. You can see him in street clothes in this Twitter video.

78-65

Comment

Working...
                          X