2017 Maui Invitational

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by I_Vector_Wu View Post
    A couple of other tidbits, check out Haleakala Crater, it's like going to Mars without taking 7 months to get there:
    I've read lately that if you want to see the sunrise or sunset from the rim you need to make a reservation months in advance now.

When I went there in 2011 with my now ex-wife, she didn't want to go up there and I've regretted relenting to that ever since. If I ever get back, I'm going and I'm hiking the trails down into the crater.

Comment

Originally posted by shox526 View Post
      Great info, thank you. You really did your scouting last year!
      You're more than welcome, glad it helped.

Comment

Originally posted by I_Vector_Wu View Post
        You're more than welcome, glad it helped.
        Actually sitting and looking at details now made me realize something I should have asked earlier... do you (or anyone) happen to know whether in prior years tickets have come available through ticket-only packages, or have they sold out earlier? The tournament website says this year ticket-only packages go on sale in August based on availability.

Comment

I can't answer your question, but the link I referenced earlier indicated there were tickets available in September of last year. That tells me they still had tickets to sell when the August date opened up. I view the phrase "based on availability" as marketing hype, equivalent to "order by midnight Friday". Based on the lineup of teams in the Maui Classic, I imagine there will still be tickets available this July, at what price I don't know, maybe cheaper. You might call the WSU ticket office and see if they have any additional info. Are you a season ticket holder?

Comment

Got in touch with the WSU ticket office today... they are selling to season ticket holders now for $395 including fees. Pending availability, will open up to the public July 21. No info on how many tickets sold/available.

Fair to assume that the price to the public through WSU will be the same? In that case I guess the options are to buy now, probably at a premium, and know you've got them, or wait until the public sale from the tournament in August and take your chances on availability, but probably save some dough if you get them.

Comment

Never liked these pre-season events ESPN and others run. Just seem like artificial cash grabs.
              Why walk somebody in baseball when you can hit them?

Comment

My guess for matchups:

1. WSU vs. 8. Chaminade
                4. VCU vs. 5. Cal
                3. Michigan vs. 6. Marquette
                2. Notre Dame vs. 7. LSU

Comment

Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post
                  My guess for matchups:

1. WSU vs. 8. Chaminade
                  4. VCU vs. 5. Cal
                  3. Michigan vs. 6. Marquette
                  2. Notre Dame vs. 7. LSU
                  I'll join ya.

1. WSU vs. 8. Chaminade
                  4. Marquette vs. 5. VCU
                  3. Michigan vs. 6. LSU
                  2. Notre Dame vs. 7. Cal

Comment

Will throw in a third opinion:

1. WSU vs. 8. Chaminade
                    4. VCU vs. 5. Marquette
                    3. Michigan vs. 6. Cal
                    2. Notre Dame vs. 7. LSU

Comment

I agree with 1, 2, 3 being WSU, Notre Dame, and Michigan. After that, I'd say

4. LSU vs 5. VCU
                      Marquette is the 6 vs Michigan, and Cal is the 7 vs Notre Dame and we of course get Chaminade.

Comment

I'll predict:

1. WSU vs. 8. Chaminade
                        4. Marquette vs. 5. VCU
                        3. Notre Dame vs. 6. California
                        2. Michigan vs. 7. LSU

Comment

Doubt they give us the one seed even just to be petty for the larger conference schools.

Comment

It's not officially "seeded," but you can certainly estimate seeding based on who plays Chaminade.

I'll gladly take the "2 seed."
                            78-65

Comment

Has Heiar loaded up the roster yet? LSU might be worse than Chaminade.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                                Has Heiar loaded up the roster yet? LSU might be worse than Chaminade.
                                Surprised he didn't take Smith with him. They are going to be bad for at least 2-3 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X