Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is David or Toure going to start for us on Opening Night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't expect us to recruit a pure SG from a Juco. One that could play either guard position would be nice. Question to those seeing Chamberlain play in Hutch, although he is only 6 foot, could he be a combo guard?
    In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
      Hawkins could be in the mix at SG.
      Marshall has described him as more of a SF, but with both Gris and Ellis in the mix there (although both of them may see time at PF as well), he may get playing time at SG, especially early in the season.
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

As the Season first begins, I doubt David or Toure start. However, we can be rest assured that they both will be called on plenty to show what they bring to the party. With the fierce competition we will have at each position next year, it will be a constant war to earn playing time. There could be multiple line-ups depending on the match-ups we are facing with our opponets. We will be a more versitile team. We also should be a young but deeper and more athletic team next year. Progress will be made. The following Season though, the sky is the limit.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

We don't know much other than the staff is recruiting another PG. If we sign a juco PG to go along with Hannah, I think Hannah will start at SG, just as he did much of the season with Chipola.

Comment

With AJ Hawkins at the 3, it will almost seem like a 3 guard offense which is not uncommon with some of the best teams. On the other hand, if EO gets here, how about this combo which could cause match-up issues with our opponets. PG-Hannah 2G-Hawkins SF-Mr. Clemente PF. Stutz, C-EO. The beauty of this is there will be so many combos to choose from and we are 2-3 players away from having our roster completed. Those 2 or 3 could be among our best? That we will see more clearly in the next 2-4 weeks.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Quite Frankly, I don't look for Orukpe to be here, and I think we go looking for a replacement, and probably will end up with a slightly shorter one.

No on the SG from a Juco. Murry is our SG, and he can hit the 3. Kyles will come off the bench at the 2, and maybe get some PG time. Kyles, seems to have good midrange game, and slashing abilities. Don't get me wrong, Murry also has those capabilities too, but is more of a pure 3 shooter than Kyles is.

We were looking for PG's before Mekel's announcement, so 2 PG's may be recruited to make 3 with Hannah, seeing how Hannah only has 2 years eligibility. 1, might be a red shirt candidate. This might depend on available PG this year vs. what they foresee coming out of next years group of PG's.

Comment

I doubt we sign two more PGs because of Mekel. Marshall didn't look at Gal as a PG so I don't see him thinking we have to replace him with one. Kyles can take over whatever small amount of time that Gal would have spent there.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

guards

I wouldn't be surprised to see Toure get some time at point. While not lightning quick, he plays very smart, in control and has decent handles. He brught the ball down the court about 25% of the time in the 3 or 4 games I saw him play. As for Kyles, I only saw him once and he apparently was still recovering from an injury, but seemed more like a 2-3 type guard to me (like PJ).

Comment

Working...
                  X