No announcement yet.

WSU Versus Bradley Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very odd trend for the day.....Bradley has won ELEVEN straight home games played on January 29. However, they've been able to say this since 1998 as that was the last time they played a home game on January 29.

Comment

It's Kansas Day, which I think obligates us to thump them.

Comment

Every game here on out is a must game. No more taking a half
        off. Anyone not playing 100% should get a rest on the bench.
        Hope the players all understand. Shocks 83 - 68

Comment

Shox 88
          Braves 58
          Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
            Illinois St has been showing signs of coming back to earth. I won't be surprised if Evansville pulls the upset. I don't predict it necissarily, but it wouldn't shock me.
            I hate the Redbirds, but the thought of them losing to the Aces (or anybody else other than us) at this point in the season would not actually help us. Best case scenario is we both win out and meet up in the final at the Lou.

Comment

Since they are the only Top 50 team left on our schedule, we would be absolutely foolish to hope that they lose to anyone but us (twice).

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                Since they are the only Top 50 team left on our schedule, we would be absolutely foolish to hope that they lose to anyone but us (twice).
                Eh, they can finish 15-3 in the MVC and remain comfortably in the Top 50.

I think the best outcome for our at-large hopes may be a 17-1 league record coupled with a 16-2 second place ISUr. The boost of being sole league champion more than offsets the additional ISUr loss since their RPI would still be in the 30s.

We really need some of the slugs on our schedule to crawl into the Top 100. Tulsa is close and several others have an outside shot, but that is a tremendous hole on our nitty gritty sheet/resume.

Comment

Okay, let's say we beat the Birds and tie for first in the Valley Race, and we both go 17-1. Then (heaven forbid) the birds beat us in the Finals at the Lew. Do we have much of a shot to Dance? If not, is it not win the Lew or bust? If so, why would it matter if the Birds get Evansvilled today or lose games so we can with another Conference Ship outright? I'm not trying to argue here but trying to get a handle on where we stand and what has to be done to Dance from here.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Shocks 93
                    Braves 64

Bucket Brothers lead the way with a pair of double-doubles.

Attached Files

Comment

in honor of Fedderer - Shox by 18
                      78-60
                      For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                      - said no one ever...

Comment

Don't see the Braves keeping us from our offensive average and there is a low probability of them getting more than 66 so think this is a comfortable win for the good guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                          Eh, they can finish 15-3 in the MVC and remain comfortably in the Top 50.

I think the best outcome for our at-large hopes may be a 17-1 league record coupled with a 16-2 second place ISUr. The boost of being sole league champion more than offsets the additional ISUr loss since their RPI would still be in the 30s.

We really need some of the slugs on our schedule to crawl into the Top 100. Tulsa is close and several others have an outside shot, but that is a tremendous hole on our nitty gritty sheet/resume.
                          I'd like to think you're right but after last year's "sneak" into the Dance, I'm not sure we get that benefit of the doubt, especially should the Birds lose three games in the Valley. The selection committee, after all, is a fickle bunch and seem to not always use logic in their selection process.

Comment

The only way we only win by 15 is if we have a poor shooting day. Decent shooting (hi 40's from field, hi 30's from 3), we win by 25.

Comment

WSU 74
                              BU 60
                              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Let's roll.

Comment

Working...
                                X