WSU Versus Bradley Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus Bradley Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. The Shocks head out to the cold and lonely road for two games. First, we visit Peoria to the home of the Braves. They play at Loyola tomorrow night. The Valley then will be ready for the back 9 of the Season as we then face Bradley. At Carver Arena, our Shocker D-Fense will do some pinpointed dissevering to their game plan which will lead to some nice runs on offense which will befuddle the Braves.

Found some stats from the Official Valley Site which shows Darrel Brown averaging just under 14-ppg in Valley play. Last I checked, Donte Thomas is among the top 5 in Valley rebounding. Do not bother fouling the leader in Free Throw % at 92.3 in the Valley which is Antoine Pitman. Nate Kennell is a solid 3-point shooter as well. When we played them last Season at Peoria, we won 85-58 and this Season we defeated them in a home win 100-66. Even so, Marshall Law demands respect for each team we play and we take no Valley team for granted.

Before tonight's game, 4 Shocks were in the top 12 in 3-point % and they are AR, Duff, CF, and LS. Even so, our Inside/then Out approach to our games has been like a fresh breath of air. Who will get our next double/double? MM missed it by a whisker tonight and Shaq and Willis can erupt for us as well. The Shocks win by 22 in this one as we look to not just win games, but keep improving as well.

Patrick O'Bryant----------------65

Dave Skinner comes of age---87
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

WSU 76
    Bradley 64

Comment

87-58 Shockers
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Another beatdown.

Lew Hill 81
        Anthony Manuel 56

Comment

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday--3:00 p.m. on ESPNU. Cox get's my U business because the Shocks have games on there. These are a few of my favorite things. Sounds like part of a famous song.

Comment

Some games it's our guards, other games it's forwards, and other games it's our Bigs.

Go a feeling it's going to be all three on this road trip.

Comment

Bradley loses on the road 70-50 at Loyola tonight. At the halfway point in Valley play, they are 3-6. If I recall correctly, they won only 3 Valley games last Season. After this road game, the Shocks play Drake on the road next. We need to build momentum, one win at a time, as we await to clip the birds wings that are Red at 21st. and Hillside in Feb.

Comment

I prefer Bradley in the top half of the conference as opposed to bottom half. Sigh, maybe next year.

Shockers - 89
                Gargoyals - 61

Comment

WSU opens up at -17.5. Yikes, that's a lot of points.

The new Valley flagship, Illinois State, opens up only at -6 at last place Evansville.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

The new Valley flagship, Illinois State, opens up only at -6 at last place Evansville.
                    Illinois St has been showing signs of coming back to earth. I won't be surprised if Evansville pulls the upset. I don't predict it necissarily, but it wouldn't shock me.
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                      Illinois St has been showing signs of coming back to earth. I won't be surprised if Evansville pulls the upset. I don't predict it necissarily, but it wouldn't shock me.
                      Shocks can get by with a little help from our friends. We have been a better road team than the birds that are red for a very long time. We routed them here at 21st and Hillside last Season and will get them IMO this Season too. The way we have been beat by certain Valley teams in just one half this Season brings concern, especially in our remaining road games. Even so, I like oor chances from here. Right now, we have Bradley and Drake on the cold and lonely road to contend with.

Comment

Shox 100
                        Bradley 60
                        Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

C'mon Evansville!

Comment

Shox-90
                            Braves-60

Comment

The major prognosticators are once again unanimous, in favor of the Shockers on the "Road":

Nolan +16.0
                              Massey +16.0
                              RPI Forecst +19.8
                              Sagarin +17.4
                              Vegas +17.5

I'll go with the majority and take WSU by 15:

Kaboom is a "dud" - 65
                              Shockers - 80

Comment

Working...
                              X