No announcement yet.

WSU Versus Loyola Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loyola board confusing compliments to JCT on his analysis to liking Loyola. Au contraire! I want to smack these BJ led, transfer driven, small fish in a big pond, Gryffindor scarf at MVC tourney tradition since 2015, lame excuse for a replacement, back to the Midwest City Conference. Do I think they have competed better than anticipated- absolutely, but don't confuse that with liking them. PS- Maroon is the ugliest color in the entire spectrum. ( :neglected:- Does that make some of you at the Loyola board feel better??) Looking forward to a good game. Depth wins out.

78-65
    Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

It's just hard to hate somebody that is not and has not been any sort of threat to you at all. Ever.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        It's just hard to hate somebody that is not and has not been any sort of threat to you at all. Ever.
        I felt threatened last year on Friday in STL. I get your point, though.

Comment

Oddly enough, tomorrow night will be the first time that I have ever seen Loyola take on the Play Angry boys in person. Each of the last three years, I had a prior commitment on the night of this game, so I have been unable to attend. I probably haven't missed much but it is still an interesting footnote...to me anyway.
          78-65

Comment

Let's see, they gave up 102 to Drake - I'm guessing 3G backs off with about 8 minutes left and Shocks roll to a 108 - 78 rout. Our bigs will dominate and CJ gets a new career high in mop up duty.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
              Oddly enough, tomorrow night will be the first time that I have ever seen Loyola take on the Play Angry boys in person. Each of the last three years, I had a prior commitment on the night of this game, so I have been unable to attend. I probably haven't missed much but it is still an interesting footnote...to me anyway.
              Whether you missed much or not is up for some debate.

Whether Fred missed much is not up for debate.

Comment

WSU opens at -14, and is now at -16.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

26+ will be the final total differential favoring our Shocks.
                  “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Here are my predictions:

1. Roosevelt Smart wiil be in the stands on an official visit sporting a brand new Rolex watch.

2. Smart will witness the undersized Ramblers beat the overrated Shockers 79-78 on a Milton Doyle buzzer beater from 3/4 court, and will immediately recommit to Loyola.

3.He will keep the watch.

4. Gregg Marshall will have a nuclear meltdown after the game.

5.Austin Reaves will have his right (shooting) arm torn completely off at the shoulder while trying to restrain Marshall from going after Rambler mascot LuWolf.

6. Reaves will reattach his right (shooting) arm in the locker room with athletic tape, and pronounce himself as "probable" for the ISU game.

7.The amount of man-love for Reaves on Shockernet reaches an all-time high; he receives marriage proposals from 72Shocker and Dave Stalwart.

8. After the game, Fred VanVleet and Ron Baker hold a joint press conference to announce that they will reunite as teammates after signing with Boulogne of the French Pro B League.

9. The Reverend Rob Lindsted, citing his book "The Certainty of Bible Prophecy" proclaims that the world will end on Sunday February 12, 2017 if the Shockers lose the rematch at Loyola.

10. Kyle Lindsted regrets prepaying on his cable bill.
                    Last edited by swellafelon; January 10, 2017, 01:43 PM.

Comment

The Austin Reaves stuff had me laughing. Reaves really is the kind of guy who would duct tape his arm back on and try to play the next game. He'd probably go off for 15 points, too.

Comment

You mad bro?

If Loyola won a game, and nobody saw it, did it actually happen?
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by swellafelon View Post
                          Here are my predictions:

1. Roosevelt Smart wiil be in the stands on an official visit sporting a brand new Rolex watch.

2. Smart will witness the undersized Ramblers beat the overrated Shockers 79-78 on a Milton Doyle buzzer beater from 3/4 court, and will immediately recommit to Loyola.

5.Austin Reaves will have his right (shooting) arm torn completely off at the shoulder while trying to restrain Marshall from going after Rambler mascot LuWolf.

6. Reaves will reattach his right (shooting) arm in the locker room with athletic tape, and pronounce himself as "probable" for the ISU game.

7.The amount of man-love for Reaves on Shockernet reaches an all-time high; he receives marriage proposals from 72Shocker and Dave Stalwart.

8. After the game, Fred VanVleet and Ron Baker hold a joint press conference to announce that they will reunite as teammates after signing with Boulogne of the French Pro B League.

9. The Reverend Rob Lindsted, citing his book "The Certainty of Bible Prophecy" proclaims that the world will end on Sunday February 12, 2017 if the Shockers lose the rematch at Loyola.

I need more information ... What did the Mascot do? Who won the fight between Marshall and the Mascot. Was it Gregg Marshall's watch? If so, how did he cope without his watch on the sidelines?

Comment

Here are my predictions:

If Reaves reattaches his right (shooting) arm with athletic tape, I will also propose marriage.
                            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Here are my predictions:

Solid work!

Anyone have the CliffsNotes on Roosevelt Smart, for those of us not on the all-MVC-recruiting-all-the-time squad?

Comment

He committed to LUC, then went to Sunrise. Lolola land thought for sure WSU was tampering. And then he didn't come to WSU either. I think he's at a JuCo now.

Comment

Working...
                                X