WSU Versus Loyola Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus Loyola Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. This is a changing world we live in. Back in the day during the late 60's, I remember the luxury of riding in a 'bucket of bolts hand me down family car' with a buddy of mine that might have been a Rambler? Who knows and who cares except this car was unique because it was "automatic, push button". Now this must not have been a Ramble Rebel Ride and Loyola Chicago did not name their squad after an automobile anywho. However, back in 1963 the Ramblers actually won the NCAA National Championship and also played several times in the NCAA Tourney in the 60's. Yes, a changing world indeed on many levels, but I already mentioned that.

So fast forward to Wed. at 6-p.m. and in walk the Loyola Ramblers coached by Porter Moser. Most of the Rambler Rowdies will be left behind in the "Windy City" but we will see them soon. Loyola is led by Sr. Milton Doyle and Juniors Donte Ingram and Aundre Jackson whom the Shocks will be smothering and covering like a cheap suit. They beat UNI by 11 but lost big to the Redbirds (they will be sad blue-bluebirds when we get done with them soon) 81-59, and also lost to Drake 102-98. We would beat them by 33 Wed. but are still working hard to develop our bench so the Shocker surpass will be 22 points. No, I have not forgotten them giving us fits at the Lew last Season but Bake was Shakin enough to lead us in this close win we had to have to Dance.

You shant ever visit Charles Koch Arena thinking you are going to get lucky. Shaq is back and will score 11 points in 22 minutes where fouls are not an issue. Could this be the record breaking 3-point record in a game our Shocks will get one of this Season, only to beat the new record this same Season as well? As long as we establish the inside first, bring it on. I stress that because no Valley team matches our inside game or our quality depth. Our 4 guards in the rotation will score 44 points and Willis is due for a double-double. Who will lead us in scoring? Who knows because this usually changes from game in and game out. Shocks win, but in this changing world, that is a commonplace here at 21st and Hillside.

Larue Martin/George Ireland 65

Kelly Pete/ Ralph Miller------87
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

WSU 82
    loy U 72
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Forgot to mention that Loyola comes in at 12-5 and 2-2. They are an improved team IMO.

Comment

Loyola is severely undersized, they have only 1 player taller than 6'6" averaging more than 10 minutes.
        Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

I can hear it now on the Coaches Show with one of the regular callers. "I've been a Shocker fan for a bzillion years. Thanks Coach for practicing throws in practice like I told you and hitting over 90% versus UNI. Now I have 2 more requests. Can we expect this high % every game while we also need to start working on drawing more fouls since we are hitting them now. No? One last question Coach. 'Who's betta? Willis or Wessel?' I'll hang up and listen.

Comment

Ha! Nailed it!

Comment

Gregg 87
              Porter 63

Comment

85-62 Shox
                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Bernard Jackson- 59
                  Jay Jackson- 73

Comment

I predict swellafelon will have a good cry after this one.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Shockers should handle the much improved Ramblers 85-65. Then on to Normal for another normal road win.....

Comment

Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
                        Shockers should handle the much improved Ramblers 85-65. Then on to Normal for another normal road win.....
                        Why is the game at 6:00?

Comment

Here's a SN tidbit. The Ramblers play us at 6-p.m. on the 11th of Jan. At 7-p.m. the Redbirds visit SIU on the 11th. This must have some SN social redeeming value, no? Stay tuned!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Close first half, not second half...Shockers 81, Ramblers 66

Comment

Here are some Stats. that will knock yourn socks off just gleaned from the Official MVC Site. Ya'll ready for this? These are stats for Conference play only

1. Rauno Nurger leads the MVC in FG Pct. at .778 and is 14-18 in Conference play. You like? MM is 5th at .567 and Shamet 6th at .564. That puts 3 Shocks in the top 10 in this category.

2. Austin Reaves, A Freshman is the 3 point pct. leader at .700--7-10 in the MVC thus far. What a torrid pace, even if you were a Senior.

3. Landry Shamet, another Freshman, leads the Valley on the assist to turnover ratio at 9.0 with 18 assists and only 2 turnovers. What? Yes, it is true according to the MVC Official Site.

Comment

Working...
                              X