State of kansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Windiwu View Post
    I was there too and then looked at the tv broadcast. I'd say the 5000 range is pretty close. We didn't show up well on tv because the lower sections filled with shockers were /behind/ the camera view. Section 102 and 101 were at the other end from the shocker bench and the other side of the arena. The upper decks was mostly shockers and I don't think the cameras ever panned out enough to see. It was quite easy to see in the arena though. I would have been embarassed if Wichita couldn't *showup* better than OU did for a relatively local game. The sides where all the empty places were so visible was OU only areas.
    This is correct. I rewatched the game yesterday after being there live on Saturday. The mass of people in the Upper Deck were 99% WSU fans. At no point during the broadcast did they pan the cameras up there.. There were 3 full sections of the lower level dedicated to WSU (and full) and a sprinkling of WSU fans throughout the rest of the lower bowl. The upper deck was probably 40-50% full and was all WSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
      TV didn't give that impression.
      C'mon man... if you're going to stir the ish, at least have context for comment. Not physically being at the game sorta kinda maybe precludes you from having a take on this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        This is correct. I rewatched the game yesterday after being there live on Saturday. The mass of people in the Upper Deck were 99% WSU fans. At no point during the broadcast did they pan the cameras up there.. There were 3 full sections of the lower level dedicated to WSU (and full) and a sprinkling of WSU fans throughout the rest of the lower bowl. The upper deck was probably 40-50% full and was all WSU.
        Not to mention the most humorous point of data: the suites were overwhelmingly populated by WSU fans.

Honestly, I would have been a little embarrassed to be there as an OU supporter, all told, in consideration of respective fan noise, butts-in-seats, and the band of suites filled with yellow.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
          Not to mention the most humorous point of data: the suites were overwhelmingly populated by WSU fans.

Honestly, I would have been a little embarrassed to be there as an OU supporter, all told, in consideration of respective fan noise, butts-in-seats, and the band of suites filled with yellow.
          In all reality, WSU was the big boy in this game and OU came off looking mid-majorish. Your post described it to a tee.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Might be a little optimistic, but not ridiculously so. Attendance was 11-something and the breakdown was probably 60-40 OU.

You looking for a Monday morning argumentative diversion?
            This Shocker Report in the Eagle estimated 4,000 out of the 11,157 were Shocker fans. Always a bit difficult to guess in a big arena where the Shockers fans were I assume somewhat spread around the arena. And it wasn't that they just showed up but they brought great energy to the arena.

In any case, it was a really good number and kudos to those Shocker fans who the ability and willingness to support the Shocks in person.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 12, 2016, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Nope. Honestly didn't have any idea it was close to that high. TV didn't give that impression. Cool to hear many believe it was in that ballpark.
              Did you even watch the game on TV? Did you hear the references by the TV announcers to "Koch South"? As well as other sundry references to a large contingent of Shocker fans being at the game? Did you see McDuffie play to the large Shocker crowd by running down the court and waving his arms and the loud response by the Shocker faithful? Did you hear the loud response by the crowd to Smith's posterizing dunk?

You almost always go out of your way to downplay anything positive that WSU does. You must be KCShox's sibling.
              Last edited by Shocker-maniac; December 12, 2016, 03:11 PM.
              ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                Did you even watch the game on TV? Did you hear the references by the TV announcers to "Koch South"? As well as other sundry references to a large contingent of Shocker fans being at the game? Did you see McDuffie play to the large Shocker crowd by running down the court and waving his arms and the loud response by the Shocker faithful? Did you hear the loud response by the crowd to Smith's posterizing dunk?

You almost always go out of your way to downplay anything positive that WSU does. You must be KCShox's sibling.
                No, he's just a "realist".
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I thought the fact that OU actually was willing to play WSU in this game came off as making OU looking very good in my eyes. I think 3G was very appreciative of that fact as well. It was good to hear that Coach Kruger might actually entertain extending the series. My guess though is that in the future OU might prefer 1 game at their campus arena and 1 at Intrust Bank Arena. That would be fine by me. Only time will tell if that really happens and talk is cheap but I will keep my fingers crossed.

Comment

I would think that there are a bunch of Bricktown merchants that would love to have the game at The Peake again.
                    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

I would think that there are a bunch of Bricktown merchants that would love to have the game at The Peake again.
                      No doubt. Not sure how much influence they would have on OU's scheduling decisions though.

Comment

OU had to call a timeout to quiet the crowd down ... at a "home" game.

Comment

Bricktown was overwhelmingly packed with WSU fans. It was probably 80% Black and Yellow at the places we went.

Comment

C'mon man... if you're going to stir the ish, at least have context for comment. Not physically being at the game sorta kinda maybe precludes you from having a take on this issue.
                            I didn't expect 5,000. Many others on this board have said the same thing.
                            TV didn't make it look like 5,000. Many others have agreed.
                            I simply asked if it was really 5,000. Genuine question. Glad to hear that the answer appears to be "yes".

"Stir the ish"? lol. Some of you are just inventing drama where there previously was none.

Comment

I didn't expect 5,000. Many others on this board have said the same thing.
                              TV didn't make it look like 5,000. Many others have agreed.
                              I simply asked if it was really 5,000. Genuine question.

Good grief the hatred is strong here.
                              If the announced attendance of 11,157 was based off of the turnstile count and not tickets sold then we had 5000 or damn close to it. The game was part of the OU season ticket package though so they could be going off tickets sold and not turnstile. I estimated about a 60/40 split from where I was sitting.
                              Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

I watched the game with small children in the room. I was busy being Dad to them at the same time, so my attention was divided. I knew there was a good showing, but had the impression it was a few thousand, not 5,000. That's why I asked the question. Fair enough?

I wrote a huge novel downplaying last season's success. Yep, you caught me. That's all I do.

Comment

Working...
                                X