State of kansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State of kansas

Glad 5000 people from the state of Kansas bought food, gas, tickets, etc. in Oklahoma... way to boost Oklahoma tourism... thank you ou and Oklahoma City

5,000?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
      5,000?
      Might be a little optimistic, but not ridiculously so. Attendance was 11-something and the breakdown was probably 60-40 OU.

You looking for a Monday morning argumentative diversion?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
        5000?
        Yes, it comes after 4999.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
          Might be a little optimistic, but not ridiculously so. Attendance was 11-something and the breakdown was probably 60-40 OU.

Monday morning after a nice win and his only posts are about Creighton poll defense and WSU attendance questioning.

About par for the course.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Was there. 5000 seems very reasonable.

Comment

My guess is about 4000, but we made lots of noise.
              Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

10 percent would be 4400. You guys are arguing about tomato - tomoto.

Comment

On the television broadcast, you couldn't see a ton of yellow. There was a lot behind the bench, but there was a lot more maroon on that side of the arena at the lower levels.

You could sure hear the shocker fans, though.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                    On the television broadcast, you couldn't see a ton of yellow. There was a lot behind the bench, but there was a lot more maroon on that side of the arena at the lower levels.

The upper deck on one side was full of shocker fans. In fact there were very few OU fans in the upper deck period.
                    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post

The arena appeared to have the most empty seats on the rows behind both benches. When the broadcast showed other shots of the stadium it appeared to be more crowded than I at first had thought.

Comment

From the front row of the upper deck I would have guessed there were 4,000 - 5,000 Shocker fans. I was impressed and surprised at the ratio (I expected a good showing but not close to 40% representation).

Those that came cheered loudly and represented very, very well.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Nope. Honestly didn't have any idea it was close to that high. TV didn't give that impression. Cool to hear many believe it was in that ballpark.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            Monday morning after a nice win and his only posts are about Creighton poll defense and WSU attendance questioning.

About par for the course.
                            5 minutes after the final buzzer, I posted that it was a good win that would help come March.

"If you ignore all 17 of Zach Brown's points, he scored 0 points on Saturday." -ShockerFever

Comment

I was there too and then looked at the tv broadcast. I'd say the 5000 range is pretty close. We didn't show up well on tv because the lower sections filled with shockers were /behind/ the camera view. Section 102 and 101 were at the other end from the shocker bench and the other side of the arena. The upper decks was mostly shockers and I don't think the cameras ever panned out enough to see. It was quite easy to see in the arena though. I would have been embarassed if Wichita couldn't *showup* better than OU did for a relatively local game. The sides where all the empty places were so visible was OU only areas.

Comment

Working...
                              X