Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WSU Versus St. Louis Predictions and Pregame Discussions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shox 78
    Bills 54

Comment

WSU 88
      SLU 62
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
        I hope the home and home with this team ends very soon. They were only a good opponent the very first season we played them. This will indeed be a blowout and an RPI hit. Fun fun fun...

Shockers - 95
        Hill Billikens - 53
        I'm not sure you are correct. Current home/homes are St. Louis, Tulsa and the MVC/MWC matchups (if it continues). Ggg won't replace the OU and OSU H/H games without having a better IBA game imo. All three of those that he may replace with CSU he probably wants to be a 50-100 RPI if possible. The CSU matchup this year probably has the best chance for that. We don't know what the conversations with other teams are concerning scheduling and shouldn't jump to conclusions. Ggg may even be thinking about beginning a relationship for a scrimmage (we have tended to do that with other regional teams.

Comment

Hard to believe the SLU game was at one time the IBA game, both from an SLU competitiveness perspective, as well as a non-con home opponent availability perspective.

I'm personally fine with their continued inclusion (not that anyone is asking) in order to give Ford a chance. Hard to see SLU becoming the A10's equivalent of current Bradley or 1990's WSU (proud program historically stuck on a hellish feedback loop), but I guess it could be underway.

Comment

Kers 88
            Kens 66
            For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
            - said no one ever...

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
              I hope the home and home with this team ends very soon. They were only a good opponent the very first season we played them. This will indeed be a blowout and an RPI hit. Fun fun fun...

Shockers - 95
              Hill Billikens - 53
              Lol. SLU will have a more talented roster than WSU in just two years time. Travis Ford is a horrible coach but he can recruit. And SLU has the bag men too. I hate them and hope you all win by 100 but Travis Ford will get it done one way or another.

Comment

Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
                Lol. SLU will have a more talented roster than WSU in just two years time. Travis Ford is a horrible coach but he can recruit. And SLU has the bag men too. I hate them and hope you all win by 100 but Travis Ford will get it done one way or another.
                Trying to be a drama queen this morning? We have a 7' 1" European center and a homegrown juco (who's recruiting was about to blow up) coming in next year.

Keep wishing and hoping. Maybe 5 years after Marshall retires (or leaves WSU) your prediction might come true.

Comment

Thought I recognized Agbeko's name...

Interesting that the discussion of who could pay their own way is in this thread. Seems to be a theme...

Comment

Lol. SLU will have a more talented roster than WSU in just two years time.
                    Lol right back at ya.

Comment

SLU shouldn't be as bad as they've been so far. Their talent is better than 2-5 but they don't seem to have much leadership or fight from the pieces I've seen.

If they get frustrated and quit like they've done a few times this year, this game could get scary ugly. But then if our guys expect them to lie down and they decide this is a game they'll fight, then it could be a game.

Comment

This pretty much seals the deal that SLU will be a 300 RPI team for the next decade.

How baggy are these bag men?
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

SLU will have a more talented roster than WSU in just two years time. Travis Ford can recruit.
                          I understand where you are coming from, and yes he can, but so can HCGM. Let's wait and see.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Fuuuuuuuuugg.............coming down with something...........prolly giving my tickets away.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                                This pretty much seals the deal that SLU will be a 300 RPI team for the next decade.

How baggy are these bag men?
                                I would love to put the jinx on them. Believe me. I got banned from their message board for gloating after the last time we beat them.

But they have the Gordon kid who is a top 30 HS junior and they have another couple of top 100 kids arriving in the next two years too. Plus they have a couple of high impact transfers. Ford will leave them in bad shape with NCAA trouble in about 6-7 years but he will win a lot of games in the weak A10 before that happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X