At Large Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
    I do t believe that. Everything the committee sees on a team (look at team sheets) is RPI centric.
    So true... Unless they've seen 'em on TV. Which they hadn't with the Shocks. :beaten:

Comment

I do t believe that. Everything the committee sees on a team (look at team sheets) is RPI centric. With the revelation pre-game of the UNI game that the committee wanted to leave WSU out except for the (evidently persuasive) arguments of a former WSU AD shows they are not discarding RPI for other metrics. Because if u are using advance metrics then there is no argument that WSU should have been in the tournament.
      While the "team sheets" are RPI based, the committee members are sent various information packets throughout the year that include LOTS of other items including the analytic rankings like KenPom

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        While the "team sheets" are RPI based, the committee members are sent various information packets throughout the year that include LOTS of other items including the analytic rankings like KenPom
        Based on what they did last year then it looks like they didn't even read it (or didn't understand it).

Comment

Based on what they did last year then it looks like they didn't even read it (or didn't understand it).
          Eh, just depends - I think your conclusion is off by assuming that because WSU would not have been in but for Schaus, the Committee returned to an incredibly heavy emphasis on RPI to the exclusion of other metrics. If that were the case, Syracuse would not have sniffed a bid (RPI of 72 on Selection Sunday). Not only did they get in, they were in comfortably.

IMO it is more of a case of "we'll justify the teams we want in however we want, and it's gonna change every year so good luck gaming the system."

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
            IMO it is more of a case of "we'll justify the teams we want in however we want, and it's gonna change every year so good luck gaming the system."
            The inconsistency of the committee from year to year is the leading cause of my yelling at the TV on Selection Sunday each year.

Comment

Working...
            X